Friday, May 07, 2004

California Fitness Gym

I promised I would write about my experience there.

Okay, so I went there last last Tuesday with Cheryl to sign up for this 20 bucks for 6 weeks gym sessions thing. It is a pretty good deal considering 1) It lets us trial use the equipment 2) We can go for the classes and 3) We are poor.

So we went in and filled in some form thing. You know the thing about California Fitness Gym. Everybody there are so darn goodlooking, healthy, happy etc. So for a while, it was a little unnerving. We saw Michelle there too, so we were saying all of us could go to the gym together.

Okay, so we signed up right, then this girl came and said she will be the Advisor/Consultant. Okay.. so she talked to us (and collected some quotes that she will use to incriminate us later. A lawyer's not as scary) and then took us on a tour of the gym, which I must admit is very nice. They have dance classes too, and that's a huge plus. Then the girl took us to measure our body fat. I didn't know what procedure that was. I thought it was a whole body measurement thing, you know, so the first thing I thought of were my thighs. And when she sent us over to this guy to measure the body fat thing, I was freaking. I mean, you don't want a guy to measure how much body fat you have, especially on your thighs!

But it turned out that he was only measuring upper body, and if you guys know me, I'm quite alright for upper body. I have almost no fat on my back. So my body fat was 25%, the recommended (what you will attain if you work out) is 24% so I was feeling pretty good. :D

So later when we came down again, she tried pushing this membership on us. She first showed us the 700 plus bucks one, and Cheryl and I were like 'This woman is freaking mad'. After that, she slowly lowered the prices, with manager's specials, cancelling enrollment fees, less monthly fees etc. And in the end, it was 216 bucks. We still didn't sign up in the end, so she used what we said in the beginning to egg us on. 'Oh so you don't want to seriously join the gym after all, I mean, you are not serious about working out at all' etc etc. It seriously pissed the hell out of me. I mean, if I didn't want to join, it's my business. I didn't ask for the membership, I didn't ask for you to spend so much time on us, I didn't ask you to pretend to raise the prices to 700 bucks, just to lower it down again to show us what a 'deal' we are getting. I study Business, so I know what technique is that. It gives us a false sense of belief that we are getting a deal when in actual fact, the normal price wasn't even 700 bucks. Only stupid people pay that.

So in the end (Cher almost signed up), we didn't do it. And when I left, I was so pissed with that consultant whatever that I so feel like putting her face on a porcupine. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home