Friday, May 07, 2004

Okay

So here's the short update that I promised. About my exams. Not going to be very exciting or even remotely interesting but what the heck.

Management and Organisation - Is alright. Thanks to the cheat sheet I photocopied off SiewLee. Heh. Open book exam but I spend all my time bent over the table scribbling so I had no time to open the textbook anyway. I knew the SouthWest Airlines thing was going to come out, in some form or another... with all the ValuAir (which I dislike) and AirAsia thing. Bleag.

Management Science - What can I say? The only question in the supplementary exercise which I cannot do, didn't want to solve and didn't want to think about... came out in the exam! What the heck?! What are the odds? Even the names remained the same! Was discussing the questions with the Zylon girls (ie Coreen and Grace) later and found out that another one of the tougher questions I got the reasoning correct, but as per usual, I didn't write it down cause I thought it was going to be useless anyway. Double Bleag.

Statistics - Don't even get me started on this. Who has a cheat sheet and forgets to write important formulas on it?!

*yay!*Film Art *yay!* - Was alright. I didn't want to go collect my term paper before I took the exams. Just in case I got a crummy result, I didn't want it to affect my paper. Studied with Natalie and it was quite productive, lots of ideas and pretty good analyses. And Chungking Express came out again! What?! It came out last year as well... so I conclude Gilbert Yeo is a Wong Kar Wai fan maybe. Oh yes, I did the optional question for 'In the Mood for Love'.. which probably not a good idea, given that Gilbert Yeo is a huge fan of ITMFL and I think I've screwed up that essay. I didn't want to do Rashomon, I did not have enough information for 12 Storeys and I didn't finish watching Dancer in the Dark and Breaking the Waves. So ITMFL was the only choice. I was mistaken into thinking it'll be easy cause I did ITMFL for my term paper, but this is a totally new topic and by Gilbert Yeo's admission, ITMFL is the hardest movie in the whole syllabus. Oh well.

My term paper was an A- by the way. :D

Managerial Accounting - Was not bad. But I couldn't believe I studied so much for CVP analysis and Zhengwei came and told me it wasn't important?! And Variance was important! I've lost 17 marks on Variance, but the rest I think was pretty okay. (And I didn't see cute tall guy :/)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home