Friday, February 28, 2003

Freaky event of the day.

A little early in the day for the freakiest thing to happen, but nothing can beat this.

The home phone just rang and I picked it up. Then some operator voice came on and said something to this effect ‘Hi this is Singtel fixed line SMS, you have one new message. To listen, press 1’ Of course, I was curious, I mean. What the hell is this Singtel fixed line SMS thing? And if it was SMS, why do I have to ‘listen to it’? It would be a voice message right? I didn’t even dial a number, what sort of freaky program allows the operator machine thingy to callme?

So I pressed 1. And on came this voice. I can’t say what kind of voice it is other than it was the Hollywood Game voice. It’s some silly game that Pei Shan and I used to play. You type in a conversation and the characters of the game will speak what you have typed down. That sort of voice. Mechanized. And the message was something like ‘Hi, I have been conversing …’ I was too freaked to listen to the rest of the message as it sounds very scary.

You know, come to think of it, they did say what number left the message and the number was something like ’98…’ I didn’t catch the rest. Dang. And I couldn’t see which number called, as my caller ID has gone totally bonkers.

That’s so weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home