Friday, March 21, 2003

I would have loved to start this journal entry with my profound, deep thoughts about the US-Iraq war. But the truth is, when the war started yesterday, it didn’t affect me at all. I was at my computer desk, typing away. I didn’t feel the impact of a bomb blast. I didn’t see pieces of glass being blasted apart. I didn’t watch as the US planes swoop in the Northern side of Iraq. I wasn’t at Baghdad, fearfully waiting as I listen to reports of war happening in the rest of the country.

I was surfing the net.

It’s weird to think that as the US Air and Navy Corps were carrying out bombing yesterday, people over in Iraq are tense and possibly waiting for the first sounds of war; and here I am, doing something so unimportant like checking my mailbox. I feel so ignorant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home