Saturday, March 29, 2003

When I was quite young, I wanted to be a teacher. And if all goes well, and the SARS thing is under control, I should be teaching at Catholic High School on the 7th! Yay!

I'm freaked out.

Firstly, the basics. Catholic High is a all boys autonomous school, as opposed to, um, an all girls school, I suppose. Although I'm only relieving for 2 weeks or so, I have to teach a Secondary 4 class. For gosh's sake, what am I getting myself into? For these sec 4 pupils,they only have the most important exam in their secondary school life, the O levels.

I'm freaking out

Ok. I went over to CHS on Friday. Was relatively empty because school's closed b/c of the SARS thingy. I had to wait for 45 minutes for Maurice, the teacher I'm relieving. *Fumes. I have never ever waited for so long for anyone before. Usually, they wait for me. Ah well, he's a nice guy though. Relatively young, younger than I thought. Anyhow, I found out that I have to do lit, english and social studies. What on earth. I don't even know what social studies comprise of. Oh well.

Oh no

Then Maurice finds that he has to tell me more horrifying things. Like the students in the class. Like, I so don't need to know that. Apparently, some of the students like to 'test' their teacher. They are 'sarcastic' at times, and would even stand up and walk around in the middle of class. And then, that I have to reach school at 7.15 every morning for assembly. Assembly starts at 7.25. But if you arrive anytime between 7.15 and 7.20, you are pushing it.

I remember having to run into school almost everyday at SA. Heck, sometimes I have to take a cab from the MRT station. Heck, I was almost late even for my A level lit paper; went into the exam venue with about 3 minutes to spare.

This is going to be a scary 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home