Tuesday, April 01, 2003

*This post is edited. The first draft was pretty shoddy. Well. I had all of 5 hours of sleep. Got home at 1.30, slept at 2. Woke up at 7. Dang. I hate not being able to sleep in

About a movie

Went out with some of them (Pearly, Lucas, Aaron, Kenneth and Jocelyn) yesterday to um... celebrate/console Aaron and Kenneth's entry into the army. (Do you say entry? sounds weird). Went to Stix at Raffles City. Which was pretty good. It seemed different though, from the last time I went there. The last time being at IMM. Different menu, according to Lucas. Lucas is already out. (From the 3 month thingy, just in case you thought he was out of the funny farm or something). How time flies. It didn't seem too long ago when he had to go into NS. Aaron and Kenneth are going in this week. Actually am not very sure. This friday?

Anyhow, dinner was pretty ok. Aaron and Kenneth were pretty drunk (amazingly at that hour) and we had some nice wine.

Went to watch 'The Hours' at Marina after having dinner. I actually was quite tempted to watch 'May', which is some psycho show. Ah well. I was stumped about the movie though. I know the basics of the storyline - Virginia Woolf (Kidman) writes the book, Laura Brown (Moore) reads the book and Clarissa (Streep) lives the novel. What I didn't get was the lesbian aspect of the movie. I mean, Jocelyn said there are many kissing scenes cut out, so basically the homophobic aspect of the movie didn't get me. What I got was the 'women are sick and tired of the kind of lives they are living' aspect. I thought Aaron did a pretty good job of explaining the movie though.

Oh, I can't wear Reeok sports shoes as well as Addidas sports shoes. They make me fall. Stupid no friction shoes. I'm not gonna to elaborate anything on this b/c it makes me look stupid. Haha. Actually, this is not going to help, b/c the people who are there already saw how stupid it was. Oh well, you win some you lose some.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home