Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I’m feeling happy!

Catching up

Saw or met Siew Lee at the Jurong MRT today and was quite happy to see her. I mean, I have not seen her in ages when I won’t, she was like and it feels good to catch up with friends. Didn’t get to talk much to her as my stop was about 1-2 stations away, but it was good to catch up with her.

I am a dealer
I’m so glad my boss is finally giving me some really important stuff to do. Apparently, she has some business dealings on the side, and I’m supposed to contact some companies regarding some dealership thing. And I’m supposed to follow up to any developments to this dealership thing. It’s cool, like, she’s giving me full reins for this project or something. I guess that’s one reason why I am uncomfortable about jumping ship to Dell. My boss here really treats us very well.

My colleague
My new colleague is really great, she’s from China, but somehow, I don’t get bad vibes from her. I used to get bad vibes from PRCs, especially women. But she’s great. Really nice and friendly. I remember I was really freezing during my stint at Mandarin, and she was like, you can take my jacket. And, group hug around me so I won’t be cold. I like it that working at this company really changed my biased view against PRCs. We are now good friends!

Another thing for you guys to laugh at
Today, someone called me and said ‘Hi, this is Zhen Zi’. Now, if you are not Chinese, you probably won’t get the funny part. Let me explain. Remember the horror movie ‘The Ring’? Well, the ghost or monster, whatever, is called Sadako, or ‘Zhen Zi’ in Chinese. That why I was a little freaked when this person called and spoke in this whispery voice, and informed me she was ‘Zhen Zi’. I seriously thought some joker was playing a prank, then I realised that ‘Zhen Zi’ was really the name of the poor soul who was calling me. Oh well. I guess it’s not my turn to say ‘Yeah, and I am bride of Frankenstein’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home