Monday, February 17, 2003

Post exhibition thoughts

The exhibition is over, and it’s back to the normal everyday life pre exhibition.

Before this, I had to mail many invitations and call up many clients to invite them. MD’s husband, L, would be there also. (I thought he was her bf or something, only very much later I knew she was married and to him, L. Gosh). It would be abuzz, fun; even the weather would be sunnier. Also, the Director that I had a crush on, X, (In the previous post he was D, but X would be more appropriate) will also be there sometimes although I didn’t care much about him.

At the last day of the exhibition, I arrived a little late and went to put my bag down. I was wearing a red shawl that day and X was like ‘wow, why the attention grabbing colour?’ and then MD’s husband, L was like ‘why did you carry such a large bag?’ That was the kind of atmosphere there. Everyone greets you when you come, no matter whom you are. It was nice to arrive at a place and have such attention, I must say.

more than that

I’ve found more reasons to be in like with X. I explained that the large bag was because I had to put all my organ stuff as I had class that day. Then X was like, well, I can teach you. MD’s daughter was saying how he knew how to play the piano, organ, and paint as well. I must say I’m very impressed.

It was like I’ve envisioned this perfect guy, manly, charismatic, yet with an artistic streak. And someone just dropped him there. There. I almost cannot imagine someone so male as him paint and play the piano. It’s almost ridiculously perfect. Someone was like, ‘you are born in the wrong era, you should be born about 500 years back, then you’ll be a scholar’. Well, if I had my way, he’d be born two years before me. :) But then again, he’d not have that kind of special something older men have.

Anyway, he had to leave town right after the exhibition, to go back to his law firm. (He’s a lawyer too. Too good to be true. And the law firm is really his). Well. I really don’t know what to say after it’s all be done and over with.

On a lighter note, another one of the manager was like, choose a pendant (from the remaining exhibits) and I’ll give it to you. Of course I said no. But he chose one and gave it to me anyway. Well. That was very nice of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home