Saturday, February 15, 2003

Sheer Madness
OR
Now I know Why Older Men Are More Attractive


This, is the trouble. I think I have a like for one of the director bosses in the company I'm working in. He's been in town for a few weeks but I've only got to talk to him this week.

I think now I know why women are attracted to older men. I know I am.

I'm SO scaring myself!

Ok, let me begin from the start. He came to the office with his family (he's the director of the company in another branch company) about 3 weeks ago. I was introduced to him as I was assistant to the MD. Ok. I shake hands with him. I didn't even look at him then. I was too preoccupied with another cute guy from another company the same level.

Then exhibition week. All of a sudden, I am seeing alot of Mr.Director (or D, as I will call him) and also MD's husband. The first day, D treated us to lunch. As we were walking back to Mandarin, my colleague turned to me and said 'D is pretty attractive isn't he? Doesn't look the type who's married. Got the kind of reckless, couldn't care less attitude about him'. This from a colleague who's happily married. I swear she had something on him. Then I begin looking at him in a more different way.

Then I realised that what they say about older men being sexy is very very true. In the past it made me wince, now it made sense. Sometimes when the exhibition is going a little slow, we'll sit about and talk. He's very nice in the sense that he'd always try to draw me into the conversation, (as did MD's husband.) And I realised that he has this very nice way of looking at the speaker directly in the eyes.

And he'd also have a way of looking at me when I daydream and do not join in the conversation. He'd keep quiet, looking in my direction until I look up and he'd ask why am I day dreaming. Not in a mean way, but in an amused way. And the way he speaks. Deep voice, charismatic. The kind where people listen.

I guess that's what so attractive about him. Charisma. Of course, he's not so much older than me that it's almost 'dad-esque', that would be disgusting. He does have a daughter, whom I've met, and really liked, we talked a lot. I know... it's bad enough. If I've read this on someone else's blog, I would have recoiled in horror. But, this is just so... different.

Older men just know how to behave. They know how to talk to a girl and make her feel special. They know how to look into your eyes when you speak, make you feel important. It didn't hurt that he looks very good for his age also. Alludes a different kind of sexiness. Even his actions are regarded differently by people. He stood beside me and listened as I talked to brother on the phone, then asked me about my dinner plans (as I was discussing dinner plans with bro). It would have totally irritated me if it were someone else, but it just felt special.




OhgodwhatamItalkingabouthehasawife!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home