Wednesday, April 09, 2003

20 minute glasses

Went to make new glasses today. Am a little excited actually, because ever since seeing him wear glasses, am tempted to wear glasses like his, and not wear contacts. Mauri…

Anyhow, I am not talking about him here, am I? I’m not talking about him ever. Hmmph.

So went to this place in Jurong, this optician mum knew. Heh. Discounts. Hoho.. Guess what, guess what? My degree stayed about the same. Yay! *Dances* Not bad huh. I was a little scared a few years back b/c it kept increasing steadily, but I guess it’s reaching some sort of equilibrium now. If there is equilibrium for that, I mean. Hmm. (This doesn’t sound good. My life is so boring, I get excited by my glasses.)

Had a hard time choosing frames. My last pair of glasses (which is made back in sec 4, in case you didn’t know. You don’t know, of course) was a frameless affair. Kind of nerdy looking, imo. Makes me look as though I’ve been wearing glasses all the time, if you get what I mean. I want a pair of glasses that make me look intellectual (Ehem, I am, of course, intellectual. Just that a pair of glasses enhance that image). You know, as if I wear glasses only when I’m studying.

Wait. I don’t make sense.

Anyhoo.

I got this tiny frame thingy. Rectangular. Blue black. Hee.. Makes me look kind of smart.. (not that I’m not smart, just enhances this image. I have to keep stressing that.) I like it! I love it! Woohoo!

See how boring my life is? I get excited by glasses. Glasses!

Oh oh.. back to my title topic. Amazing how I always forget what I wanted to say. You remember this advert, where they go Glasses in 1 hour!? This shop in Takashimaya?

It’s no big deal, my friends. I got my glasses in about 20 minutes. Hah! What’s the big deal about 1 hour glasses, when you got 20 minute glasses? It’s like,
‘Hi, I’m here to make glasses’
‘Good, your degree is 200. Come back in 20 minutes or less!
Turns to camera and grins. ‘Yes! Right here in XX Optical, we custom make your glasses in 20 minutes or less! It’s that simple!’

Hoho…

Will go wear glasses now. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home