Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Of Wedding planning, cafes and kway chap stores.

Today, I was in queue at the Western Food store with Edmund and Zhengwei. We got to talking about jobs.

Zhengwei said it'd always been his dream to open a kway chap store. And the 3 of us got to talking, and I told them that I wanted to be a wedding planner. Open my own wedding planning company. :) And they were saying that it seems like a fun job. In fact, everyone I told this about said it sounded like a fun job.

I don't know... Suddenly I got to thinking about jobs and it worries me a little as to what I'm going to do after I graduate. It's not like I have a job lined up already or something, not like some of the people I know. Like YT, who already has a job waiting for her after graduation. And K, who got multiple job offers.

I talked to Cheryl about this before too... and she was like, maybe I should work for a couple of years in a job that pays well, get settled, get the capital and then go do what I like. In this case, to open my own wedding planning company. And that makes lots of sense right? I mean, we are practical like that. But really... how long will it take?

I'm thinking of a cafe too... PS got me thinking about it, when we were talking about it. I was saying that I wanted to open a wedding planning company, and she was saying she wanted to open a cafe. And it's really cool, I think. I envision a sort of 'Friends' style cafe. The atmosphere, the cosy decor, the feeling that you could hang out here for the entire afternoon. I remember one of my other friends told me he wanted to open a cafe too. Idea.

Maybe multiple businesses eh? ;)

So, I've been thinking about it. Cher's idea is the most practical, but I've never been a practical person. :) Oh well, I'll see about it. But if I'm really going to do it (and I will), I've already thought of the location (barring the fact that rent probably cost a bomb) -- The area near Raffles City and Chijmes... where they have those little boutiques. Where esscentials and Celia Loe are located. Yes. That's the ideal spot. *smile. Of course, I have lots of other ideas as to the shop, but I'm not going to write them here. I don't have copyright over my ideas! Haha. (yeah, must flaunt what I've learnt :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home