Sunday, March 21, 2004

Xtina impersonators VS 5566 supporters

Just read about some stuff concerning the Christina Arguilera lookalike competition thingy at Zouk and it brings me to some issues. I didn't really see the main event at Zouk on Wed (Stats assignment due Thursday! Yuccckkkkkk) but I did see some of the preview thing when I was at Cine (last last sat, was there with Ben to watch Biggg Fish. Haha.. yes I loved it so much I watched it twice! :D:D)

I digress. I meant, I saw a couple of contestants and they were what.. prepubescent? And wearing outfits that are what, a cross between a negligee and a bikini? (Actually a sheer negligee slip over black bikini sets). It's funny, you know, kids with barely a hint of a figure in figure hugging clothes and thick nmakeup, strutting around like they are the biggest shots around. And the funny thing is, they are the biggest shots around. And I actually kind of admire them for it. I mean, it must have taken lots of guts to do that and lots of confidence to do it. And these girls actually brought it! We only watched 2 performances, and this 11 year old girl was so good at shaking her butt (lol) that she actually is better than some serial clubber! :D So all in all, I thought they were pretty cool.

****************

Alright, here's the other side of my entry.

I was at Westmall this sunday and last saturday, the weekends where Energy and 5566 were at Westmall respectively. Don't ask me why Westmall's so happening suddenly.

And as expected, there was a looooong queue of prepubescent girls, prepubescent guys and not so prebubescent girls and guys. And they are all sitting down there waiting for their idols to come. Some of them were there queuing even at the day before.

Like my previous example, they are still supporting their idols, they are similarly fanatics of these singers. It's just a different expression of support. And before I say anything, I do not have anything against these youths.

But I thought the queuing up was a sheer and utter waste of time. And stupid too. I definitely don't see it as a very smart thing to do.

The thing about a competition to impersonate your favourite artiste and waiting 29 hours for your idol to turn up and sign your CD is the effort, I think. Take it whichever way you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home