Saturday, March 13, 2004

Business Bash @ Embassy @ The Esplanade

Guess what?

The bash was a success! Yay!

About 500 plus people turned up, both presales and door tix. 500 plus might not be a huge number or anything, but givem the fact that it was quite a deluge yesterday, and that Embassy's door sale (i.e their own crowd) is not fantastic or whatever, I think we did pretty good. And our publicity materials cost about what, less that 200 bucks!

I think we did good!

Only downside to the whole thing was that I was having a slight fever and wasn't feeling too great. That's why I didn't really dance a lot or drink that much, for that matter. I was there early at about 7 to help with the tix and stuff and went about with Weihao and Gerald to give out flyers. In case you didn't know, it's probably not allowed. Which is why I didn't give out any flyers too. :D Excuses. But like Gerald said, it's damn embarressing! Hoho. So we just walked around la.

Later met up with Shirley, Wenqi, Louis and Zhaohui and er.. walked around somemore? Haha. Cause nobody goes clubbing at 830 right?

La la. In the end we went back. Saw Yanting and Tiffany. Went into the club at about 10 and hung out with Zhaohui and Louis. And Adeline too. And we were saying that there were a lot of NS guys at the bash lol. But not that we mind, heh. Why?

Cause we need more people to come so that we can make a profit! (what were you thinking of?!)

Alright... later more people came. Delvin called, so I went out to pass him and Yingyin the tix. The turnout was not bad, as in, there was actually a queue! Hee, not the Zouk kind, you comprehend, but it was decent for a rainy night at Embassy. I didn't sit with the Bizad crew, cause I went back to sit with some other guys, but in the end I headed over... there were a lot of people! It's really great to see the support from the club and the seniors.

Dancing

And I didn't dance a lot... I was down with a slight fever-ish thing, so I sat at the couch-y area on the dance floor. Ha ha. Jess saw me there and pulled me down to join them, then the whole group of them started to push me into the middle of the dance floor?! Ha ha. Yeah. I really shouldn't steal the show from Jon. Heh heh. So i danced around for a while but later I headed out again to help with the ticketing.

Later I headed back again... Sat down with KengLeong and his friend Mark. Ha ha. KL complained that there wasn't house music. *shudder. Wrong club, Centro's the one. Anyway, Mark asked me if I wanted to dance. Heh, pulled KL old man down too. I think the music is generally quite nice at Embassy. None of that weird house/trance stuff. I mean, I like house, but only when I'm in a cooperative mood. *shrug. Whatever that means. (Sometime I scare myself when I say something that makes no sense at all)

The road home

Erm... yeah. Later I was looking around for people to share cab home. Then ended up with the 'going back to hall gang'. Then apparently some of the sports comm girls are not in the state to go home by themselves (figure that out for yourself), so Steve and KaiLee had to make sure they are safely home. So I ended up waiting for them to er... settle stuff. Then ZhaoHui offered to get his friend who stays in the area to send me back... but asked if I were up to supper first, cause that's where they are headed. In the end I didn't go with them... too weird. But later he smsed me and told me that if I had to go home, he won't mind sharing cab with me... cause AMK is near Bukit Batok?! I was like, er, it's quite far. Besides I'd already got a ride back.

High. The bouncer takes over

And who knows?! It took until about 3 am before we could start leaving!!! And here I was, not feeling too great, planning to leave at 1am, and I ended up going back at 3am!? The girls were in the washroom, and Steve asked me if I could go in and take a look at them, cause er, he says that they are not in good condition or something like that. So I went in... and indeed, I'd say that a couple of them weren't in the condition to go home alone. KaiLee was trying to make plans with them and having some trouble. And then the bouncer came?! He stood outside the place and asked us to settle the thing outside (i.e he's kicking us out, I think). Since it's the first time sth like that happened, of course I didn't know what to do. In the end we got outside, and Steve and Kailee, once more, tried to make plans, enlisting Junming's help.

What the?!

Meanwhile, it was settled that I was to travel with Steve and Karen and some guy. Cause Steve was quite adamant about letting K. leave alone or with any other guy for that matter, and K. probably didn't want to leave with Steve. And from what I know, K. didn't want to leave without that guy. And Steve didn't trust the guy. And K. didn't want to leave as yet. So how? We waited la. I called ZhaoHui but apparently they were at Hotel Rendevouz?! Then I made plans to leave with Kelvin and Yonghui, but in the end left with K, Steve and some guy. Sigh. Sad, you know. When you can't drive/ am poor and can't afford midnight fee/ do not have a personal chauffer.

It turns out that some guy is actually called Spencer and I think he's actually not the horrible take-advantage person we might think him to be. When Steve was sending K up her house, I got to talk to him, and he asked me if I was Steve's gf?!?! I was like Uh, NO! Then he asked if I was going to be. And I was like 'I'm not even that close to him!' Ha ha! That was like the funniest thing I've heard all week. Wonder where he got the impression from. Ho ho. Funny how on first glance, I was made to think that he's a horrible take advantage-y person, and in the end I was so terribly wrong. *shrug.

So ya. I reached home at 4 plus. What a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home