Friday, May 21, 2004

FICing

Today I did FIC with the MC people. 0830 hrs at Payar Lebar MRT!! Larry must be very sadistic. Haha... It was my first FIC outing so I was a little lost. I was teamed up with Steve at one of the Payar Lebar industrial estates. I didn't get to do much, basically just watched Steve ask the people for donations and how he went about doing it. And he didn't let me try out asking at all! Ha ha... so mean. Later we went to some auto garages... which isn't better. All in all, the morning takings are quite bad.

Later we had a 1 half hour lunch. Which is always good beacuse it means we can slack. I think even the most seasoned of flaggers loved this 1 half hour.

Later we went back and did this industrial estate at Aljunied/Geylang (Not sure where. I'm totally lost in the East) and Larry put me and ZW in a team. Evil larry made this stupid joke about walking in the rain. Okie. Anyhow, us and Wendy and Derrick had to do this block, which looked really dead from the outside. Seriously. I was like 'You mean there are people in there?!'

Turns out there are, and ZW is damn good at this fundraising flag thing! I mean, he can probably keep talking and persuading someone until they donate. I mean, he's just damn good at it. Anyway, I didn't get to talk much too; I mean, ZW did ask me if I wanted to speak, and I did a couple of times, but since he's so much better, I just let him talk while I stood back and smiled. Haha.

Anyway, there was this guy who was very nice (kept asking us to take a seat), and he's pretty cute as well. Not bad. Heh. And this really nice man who joked a little with us - 'one advice - do not disobey the government intentionally' Heh.

Okay, shall stop here cause I want to surf the net now. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home