Sunday, May 16, 2004

Arghahahgahg.

*This post was for 15/5. First Day of work at the Acuvue job.

My feet hurt. My legs hurt. I stood for 8 hours at work on Friday (at the café) and for another 8 hours today. Of course, before that I’ve been working 8 hours the days before and been out clubbing. So I’m really pooped right now.

And tomorrow, I have to be at Hougang by 0830 hrs tomorrow and another 8 hours of work again. Standing, walking. Aghghhghghahg. Just thinking of it seems scary. Eek.

Anyway, first day at the Acuvue job. I was stationed Nanyang Optical at Causeway Point. Which is good cause it was Causeway Point or Ang Mo Kio *scoff* Guess which I choose.

So when I got there, I got to realise that the people at the shop were not very friendly. I mean the shop assistants – Skinny, Pregnant and Guy. Skinny is absolutely unpleasant and unlikable. The other guy is erm, normal, I guess, so I called him Guy. And then there is a Pregnant. Now, for this lady, I will not pass any comments. Because mothers are always deemed to be noble (and I agree), so I might be flamed for any bad comments for this pregnant lady. Anyway, there must be a reason why she is so unfriendly right. Maybe because I am wearing low riding jeans. Ha ha.

Anyhoo, I’ve came to several unpleasant conclusions about people in general –

1) Cute guys never take flyers because they are too cool for that. (screw them)

2) On the surface, some people appear to be able to see and hear. Truth is, they are actually blind and deaf! They can’t see or hear you! How else do you explain the fact that they walk right pass you without emotion even when you approach them? Even if there is a pit of fire in front of them, I bet they will ignore me and walk on. (Actually I hope they do, bastards). Yes, I am very bitter. Want me to tell you what I really feel?

3) Some girls think I’m out to snatch their boyfriends. Please do me a favour and look at your boyfriend, then consider if I’m out to snatch them.

4) Some boyfriends think I’m out to snatch them from their girlfriends. Please do me a favour and look at yourself in the mirror then consider if I’m flirting with you.

5) Some boyfriends are just slaves of girlfriends when it comes to taking flyers.

6) Some people think I want to give flyers to them, so they avoid me. Truth is, while I do want to pass them flyers, their actions disgusts me so much, I don’t even bother.

7) Some people are just goddamn ugly (in actions. I do not care so much for looks, but if you have ugly behavior, you are just all round ugly)

However, there are still some things that cheered me up.

1) Some couples are actually very nice. :D There is this young Malay couple. I was actually a little thoughtless, cause they were holding hands, but I still shoved a flyer at them. The girl let go of the guy’s hand to let him have a free hand to take the flyer. Another girl took the flyer and then stopped to talk to me about it. And then when the boyfriend started talking to me as well, there was absolutely no malice or anything coming from that girl. I mean, she didn’t like think that I was out to snatch her bf or anything. Now that’s a well adjusted couple. (Not like the many dysfunctional-she-wants-to-steal-my-bf girls)

2) Some people are really friendly. Even when they look fierce. There was this girl who came in with her sister. And I was like ‘Oh gosh, I know I’m supposed to do my job, but she just looks damn fierce’. Actually she is the kind of girl I’ve always been secretly afraid of. The confident no nonsense look. Then she came over with her sis to ask me about the lenses and she was so friendly! I can hardly believe that I thought she was scary. :D And this really funky lady who talked to me also… very nice.

3) Friends rock. Siew Lee came down with her very pretty cousin en route home from JP to visit me :D:D and we talked la… naturally. That lucky girl got a job through the net! Haha… So lucky! And I saw Pearl, and we talked too. She carries a funky LV bag, you know, the new design, light cream with colourful LV logos. And a huge gold Dior chain, both courtesy of her bf. I am so envious. Anyway, it seems like she’s interested in getting lenses but will have to talk to her parentals first! She promised to get them from me… *yay! Also, she has a dream job (Haha…) doing PacNet promotion and promised to ask me if they need people. *DoubleYay!

4) Act of kindness. When Guy asked me if I wanted lunch. Which isn’t much, but since the rest are so unfriendly, that act in itself was very much appreciated.

Yup so that’s about it. I can’t wait for tomorrow.

Ha ha!

Yeah right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home