Thursday, May 13, 2004

Ladies' Night aka Funny guys

Whee! I had fun! Really! I'm not being sarcastic! So many exclamation marks!

I'm being totally crappy again. I just got home at 5 last night, woke up at 11 and have been out for the whole day. Later, I had to finish up a logistic proposal, fine tune another proposal, and read 47 emails about work.

Of course I procrasinated. What did you expect? :p

Anyhow, after work at the Cafe yesterday, I met up with Cher to club. I was too poor so we decided to do Ladies' Night at Devil's Bar. Which was a great idea to save money bar the fact that -

1) I hated my white tube top, so I went and bought another top while waiting for Cher
2) I drank at coffee bean's when I could have saved money by drinking something cheaper. Like tap water for instance.
3) I forgot that I had to take a cab back and it's 1.5 the normal fare
4) Bloody Devil's Bar and China Black charge for lockers.

So in the end I still spent quite a bit. More than what I earned during my shift at the cafe. So. There.

Anyway, we were at Devil's Bar first, and while that place was packed, it wasn't exciting. Like, the guys were blah. The music was blah and the girls were weird. There was this weird-dancer-woman-wearing-a-dress and was standing on the bar top, dancing as if she has spasms or fits. I'm not kidding. And the stranger thing is that everyone was 'mesmerized' by her dancing. It's like watching a car accident. It's horrid, but you can't take your eyes off [s]it[/s] her. Cher said the two very cute guys who were standing behind us were staring at her. In a sick, fascinated way, no doubt. And so I'm baffled.

So we headed to China Black, but left our stuff in the locker at Devil's Bar cause we were lazy. Then when we got there, I realised that I forgot to take my ID, so wasn't allowed entry. Now, I'd like to think of this in a good way. It's better to look young than to look old. So we went back again.

Then we needed to use the washroom, so we stopped over at Wheelock Place. And while the washroom's still open, the lights were out! It's damn scary, I tell you. Totally reminiscent of Fright Night. Eek. I shall stop before I scare myself.

So later, we got back to China Black, ID in tow. When we got there, there were loads of people! It's damn happening there, I tell you.

Then there is this guy who approached me. The pointed to his friend behind him and said 'Hi, can I introduce my friend to you?'. That was such a weird opening line I thought. Then I was like, okay, but I need to but my bag at the locker so I walked away. The 'friend' followed me. We talked a little while in the queue. Apparently he had seen me around in the Terrace and had noticed me. I was a little skeptical, to say the truth. I'm always skeptical. Anyway, I was in a careless mood so I gave him my number. Also because he's quite tall and nicely build. Ha ha.

Anyway, I casually asked him how many girls have he taken numbers from. Apparently, this caused him to be very impressed with me (Huh?!) and as a form of I don't know what, he erased my number and tried to remember it by heart.

I looked at Cheryl. And gave her a 'I think this guy is weird' look. Cher totally misintepreted and moved forward in the queue with my bag and left me standing there stupidly.

So I say 'Okie, cya around!'. And hurried forward. Cher gave me a conspiring grin. Haha.

Anyway, later we danced, and this guy danced with Cher. Pretty cute and tall. Pity he's younger though. So I was left dancing stupidly on my own. Hm. Cher immediately told the guy that she couldn't leave me dancing alone. So guess what he did. He brought us to his friends, and told them to come one by one so I could choose who I wanted to dance with! OMG! It was so funny and strange for me. I didn't know what to do. I just gestured weakly.

In the end, Cher, Luke (the guy) and I danced together. He was pretty nice about it, I mean, that I kept intruding into their twosome. Tho Cher was like 'He's the intruder!'. But he's really really nice. We had fun dancing.

Then in the middle of it. Guess what happened. The guy came back again! Apparently he can't remember my number so he asked if I could give it to him again. So weird eh.

Anyhow, Luke was nice enough to send me and Cher back (to the cabs.. haha). He actually watched us get into the cabs before he left. That was pretty nice. I mean, he didn't have to give a damn about me. Maybe he wants to impress Cher. Haha..

*****

When I got home

I slept at 430. Dad woke me up at 5 and asked me to blowdry my hair before letting me sleep. Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home