Thursday, May 27, 2004

Small things make me happy. :D

Like the 5 minutes at the café on Sunday.

Gosh. I just am too easily pleased aren’t I.

Anyway, I am please to say that I have really enjoyed my weekend working at Capitol Optical at Causeway Point. The staff there are so friendly! So totally unlike NanYUCK Optical. So totally different and so much more amicable. I made a new friend, Jialing, who is a promoter for AMO (Complete Multipurpose Solution – which is very good by the way. I am using it). Also friends were the people at Capitol Optical, Don, Bryan and Derrick (also Edward?), and also another J&J promoter, Roy who’s Jialing’s friend. What a great weekend. I started off badly (FOC), but the overall weekend was just fantastic.

Even the 2 drawbacks didn’t make me too upset -
1) The big B&L road show just across the atrium
2) The optometrist at Capitol being on leave
Which technically speaking, kills off probably any sale I could have made over the weekend. I still continued doing the promotion though; it’ll be pretty boring if all I did was just stand there and accept my fate ya? Besides, I like talking to people… haha. Surprisingly, overall, I got about 20-Surprisingly, overall, I got about 15-20 people who are interested and about 10 plus people who I had to ask to come back another day cause they can’t test their eyes today. (Some went over to the b&l counter, which is understandable, but disheartening)

Ai… just so happy! I can’t wait till Thursday!

Anyhow, yesterday, I went over to the café to take my schedule during break time. And I was quite surprised to see only Doreen there. On a weekend, no less! And er… I was pretty surprised to see no one else there. If you get what I mean. Anyhow, I just casually asked Doreen why there are so little people here. She said there’s another girl inside –Ashley, I think. And that Kin was out buying some stuff. Haha… so I was thinking maybe if I hung around long enough... well… haha. So I was waiting for the fax machine to copy a sheet of the schedule when I realized that no one was at the counter, so I just took over, since I’m free and all.

And when I was at the counter talking to this customer, I saw him! :D:D

It just made me smile. I was so happy.

For some people, I just smile and feel happy when I look at them. He’s one of them.

He was quite surprised to see me there (Obviously since I wasn’t on duty). And yes. That’s it. Yes. But I’m still so darned happy that I saw him yesterday ?

Eeks. I can’t believe I’m so sappy.

Easily recognizable? :D:D

Okay, also, the guy at Capitol Optical recognized me! I went there to buy eye drops about 4 days ago cause of the irritation. (I think I talked about it in the previous posts – Eastchamp remember?) I forgot to add that I went over to Capitol to buy my eye drops. Then when I went back for the Acuvue thing on Sunday, this guy who was attending to me when I went to buy the eye drops (with my red eyes) asked me – ‘You came here to buy eye drops before right?’ Ha ha! I can’t believe he remembered me! :D It’s so nice of him. Anyhow, Jialing was like ‘Huh? How come you can remember?’ Then he was like ‘Oh… pretty girl mah.’ Ha ha… See what I mean? The people there are so joke-y and nice. (Unlike nanyuck optical)

Like that time when the Mandarin Hotel guy recognized me by my voice on the phone! :) I kind of like to think of that as a compliment :D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home