Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year 2005!

But what a sad ending to 2004, with the earthquake and tsunami. It is honestly staggering, the numbers of deaths increasing every couple of hours. It is truly depressing.

Anyway, it was a long time since I went out for any kind of countdown in a public place. I always hated crowds. Haha. Had dinner with the parents and relative at aunt's place.

On NYE I met Cher, Xiufen and Meiling at Wheelock Coffeebean, cause Cher's friend J was picking us up to go to this house party. And yes, according to Cher, he's really cute and I concur. He's the funky type. But gah! His car is really cool.

The house party was at this place at River Valley. Some sort of bachelor's pad, with a pool table and an X Box. It was pretty cool, and I am so in love with his home entertainment system! The X Box was ran on this projector thingy, projected onto the wall. That beats a television anytime! Had some wine and basically just stood around and chatted.

Cause we were a little bored at the party (not that it was a bad party, we just didn't know a lot of people), we went to Zouk. Cher's friend was nice to drive us to Zouk cause we didn't want to spend the countdown in a cab. And how great is it to bypass the queue at Zouk? Haha... Xiufen's bf works at Zouk so he was able to get us in bypassing the really long queues! Hoho.

I want to gripe about the cover! 38 bucks!!! :/ But since 5 bucks is going to the Red Cross fund, I feel a little better. Just a little.

Shortly after we reached Phuture, the countdown started! We were just in time for the countdown! Haha... I feel kind of sorry for the people who had to countdown in a queue outside (I am so mean aren't I haha)

And we had this stupid joke... we ordered our drinks in 2004... only got it in 2005! haha. Drinks came just in time for the toasting!

Had fun, but were followed around by this group of not so interesting guys so we went to the washroom. When we came back the scene was much better (though not much). Haha... I saw Weiyuan. Hm... anyway Cher's friends joined us later. I was telling her to just go dance with J, the hot guy. But he's a really weird dancer in my humble opinion. For a while he was just standing in front of me, then staring at the wall behind me? Haha. The other people from texas were such great dancers! The people around us were positively staring at some of them cause they really danced, as compared to just conservative shaking around. Haha.

Police raided at about 3... we had to leave Phuture as they wanted to do a headcount. Hung out at Winebar a little, then went back. It was really fun, the music was good too! Yay!

Went back at about 4 plus.

Next post I'm going to write about some weird stuff. :) Nights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home