Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Firefox, sushi and alma maters.

Firefox and stuff about lappie

Ok. This is weird. I've just (finally) lugged my lappie to the com centre today and found out that my IE is hopelessly dead, so I'll have to switch to some other browser.
Actually I'm okay with other browsers, just that I'm a creature of habit and don't really like to make that huge a change. (Yes, Mr. Gates, I'm your minion.)
So I hope Firefox one day take over the world, so I'll feel more comfortable. Currently as I'm typing on Blogger, I don't have the 'toolbar' that you guys have, you know, the Bold, Itallic, Underline, Http links options. This sucks. So I've got to add in the html tags myself.

ETA - When I'm in 'edit' mode, the toolbar appears. Weird.

But I do love my firefox for the sole reason that it looks nicer than IE. Hurhur.
I hope nothing bad happens to lappie again cause I do hate lugging my laptop down to com centre, even if the tech guys are actually really nice people.

Anyway, I finally (again) lugged myself down to Challanger at Funan to buy the Japanese laptop cover.
Ok it's not technically called the Japanese laptop cover, but the only thing I could remember about it was a bunch of Japanese words on the tag, so it IS the japanese laptop cover to me.

I got there at about 750, it was closing at 800. Rushing over to the laptop cover place, I scan for japanese words. Nada, zilch. So the Challenger guy came over and senses my distress. Yes, distress. My lappie cannot be unprotected!! He said he'd inform me when the covers are in.

Sushi

Yesterday, the gang had part 3 of the great buffet showdown. Me, Siewlee, PS and Sam went to Sakae Sushi at Heeren for the sushi buffet and man, can we eat. It is almost reminiscent of the days of the dim sum breakfast (except this didn't cost a whooping 150 bucks! :D)

We ate 50 plates of food!!!!! Hahaha... When the waitress came over to clear the first round of 20 plates, the group of guys behind us went 'Wow!'.
Contrary to popular belief, I think girls who can eat a lot impresses guys. (Haha) Unless the 'wow' actually conveyed a sense of shock as in 'wow, those girls are sure pigs!' Haha.

Love sushi. Much love the mochi ice cream.

Alma maters

I went back to SA! The SAJC fun fair was really good, and I thought it was immensely more fun than what we had in our year. This year's one was really... well, for the lack of a cooler word, happening!

They had the World's Tallest Men (notice I wrote that in caps? :) That's cause they are the World's Tallest Men. Ha ha.) But I thought it was bad how they were paraded like sideshows or freakshows in circuses...
You know? 'Step right up! And meet the men with 2 faces! And now we have... The tall freaks!!!'
That left a bad aftertaste.

And the marshmellows are great. It makes me want to go melt some chocolate now and drizzle it over my toasted marshmellows. :D

Alma Mater Duex

Also went to steamboat dinner with the 4E4 crew at Kelvin's place. It was fun catching up with them again. And some people I haven't seen since... oh wow, like, 3 years! I couldn't even recognise Junhong! I had to stare at him for a long time before I went *slap forehead* 'Junhong!'

And gosh! Kelvin's steamboat include abalone as well! Haha... If I invite my friends over for steamboat, I'm not so sure if I'd add abalone as one of the ingredients. I'd joke about it, but actually do it? Hm.

Later Kelvin said something like 'isn't is funny how when you guys stay over, I don't feel like it's weird, but when my other friends linger around after steamboat, i'd be wondering when they'd leave'. Haha... I guess that's a compliment. Later talked a little more to Clarence and Weiyuan when Clarence drove us back. Who knew he didn't mind me and Ming taking his photo? Hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home