Thursday, February 10, 2005

I see you baby

(Sorry, once again my title does not reflect anything other than the fact that I love Groove Armada haha)

Ok, anyway. Happy CNY everyone!

I read in some of my friends' blogs that the excitment of CNY seem to wean as you grow older. It's kind of true actually. I remember as a kid, I love love loved Chinese New Year. I loved going home from school on CNY eve and helping out with the last minute spring cleaning. I loved going to Chinatown to buy candies. I loved getting and writing new year cards. I loved waking up on new year's morning and to travel to grandma's house to meet my relatives.

But as years go by, the excitment seems to lessen. And gathering during cny takes on a different meaning. It's still a good thing, but the importance lies somewhere else, I guess. The importance of family.

Also, the house we always go to (2nd uncle's/grandma's house) will be sold this year, so next year, we will be celebrating cny at a different place. It's a little saddening, really. 21 years of celebrating at this place, and next year, we will be leaving lots of memories behind. Singing karaoke, playing computer games, chatting with relatives, chatting with strangers, drinking the yearly 'tian tang'... I guess it was inevitable.

Anyhow, enough of waxing nostalgia.

We went to reunion dinner with the extended family at this restaurant at somewhere. There were loads of people!!! Dad said it seems like some kind of movie theatre... we were eating in batches. Haha. Anyhow, we saw the other part of the extended family there. Seems like the whole world's eating at the same restaurant. I don't understand why there's such a crowd this year... previous year's dinner at other places aren't as crowded (and the food's better. Ha.)

First day of new year was similar to other years. But it was still fun. This year, we went out again for our yearly family lunch, but at a different place. This year we went to Jalan Kayu for prata. Mighty expensive prata, I may add... it totalled up to 120 bucks plus! Holy shite. 120 bucks for an 11 person lunch averages 10 plus bucks for prata per person. Prices are totally jacked up and the food's not that great anyway. Blah.

And the cousins are looking good. Cousin Ws and Wl brought their babies along too! So lovely... it just seems like yesterday when we were hanging out, and I still remember cousin Wl helping me braid my hair when we were younger. And now she's a mummy! Coolness. And who knew cousin Wq had such a cute friend. Haha.

I have to get to school tmr. Blah.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home