Friday, February 07, 2003

Best of both worlds?

Dad was probably right to say that once I've got accustomed to the working life, I would find that if I don’t go to work, I would feel weird.

My friend at RE was probably right to say that once you start working, you would rather stay a home and slack.

I’ve felt both at certain periods of time. When the going is good, I could not picture myself slacking at home, it’ll be dreadful. When the going is bad, I wish I were at home chilling out, curling up with a cup of peach tea, and watch tv.

Well, now I know why people want to work from home. The best of both worlds J




Sell me a policy, NOT

Remember the guy who called me and asked if we could lunch together? Well. He called yesterday. I had plans with Sam for lunch at Delifrance’s so I was like, you can join us. So Sam and I got there and we took a table with 2 seats. (okay, I must say I tried to find bigger tables, but there were none. And the only three seater table was in a weird place). So he came and it was quite awkward, as I was standing up and I realised he was shorter than me. And it was probably awkward for him as there is no seat for him. Of course, he got another seat. And the lunch? Ho Hum. Boring. Talked a little here and there. I must say that I am very distant.

And of course, please do take my friend, Sam’s blog entry about this incident with a pinch of salt. Because that guy was so totally not interested in me. He was interested in her! That being said, I feel I must substantiate by saying that the both of them were very engrossed in conversation, and also, he walked her back to her office. Hah! Okay, that was because they were going to the same direction. But still. Must point out the very obvious and glaring height difference though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home