Wednesday, April 02, 2003

You are irritatingly perfect
[[Life in Mono is playing in the background now as I type my sad thoughts. Appropriate, not?]]

Maybe he does not like girls in pink spaghetti tops and ¾ pants.

I don’t get it! Not at all, you know.

It’s probably obvious by now that I think Maurice is a total hottie.

Arrrggghhhh.

Check ring on any finger – no
Check signs of being married/engaged/attached/infatuated – I should hope not.

I met him again on Tuesday. Tried my hardest to look nonchalant, practiced the ‘don’t-give-a-damn’ look and wore clothes so casual it looks I just rolled out of bed with the messy hair and all. I figured that would be my element. What with the ‘you rock the messy hair and crisp white sheets’ kind of languid sexy. You’d never imagine that messy hair take a long time to achieve. Anyhoo, I have naturally messy hair, so it’s not that hard, but sane looking messy hair is hard.

He actually smsed me and said he’s be a little late, and can I meet him at 1130 instead? So being the typical me, I was running late and I even took a cab there to make sure I wasn’t too late. The things I do. I got there, went into the staff room. No one at all. Turned and looked towards another walk way. There he is. He didn’t seem to recognise me. Called out to me when he got nearer. Did I mention how much I like it when he called my name? Did I mention what a sexy voice he’s got? Anyhow, he called me.

He’s wearing glasses. He wasn’t wearing glasses the last time. (Did I say how much I dig guys in glasses?). We were sitting at the staff lounge place, and he went through the notes with me. Hah! 13 pages. I was hoping he takes a long time to get through it. Kicks into gear - I tried the ‘look at him unflinchingly’ thingy. I tried the ‘look and look away’ thingy. I tried the ‘look with a smile playing on my face’ thingy.

He smiled; he didn’t look away. But then that was it. Not that I was expecting him to wink or leer or something. (Eww…) I mean, he’s a nice guy all round, so it’s normal for him to smile and have eye contact or something.

*sad*

Oh. I hope he’s stop doing something like this. It totally renders me speechless. He was perspiring a little and was doing the ‘fan yourself with your t shirt’ kind of action. Then looks up and smiles and said ‘I’m sorry, it’s kind of hot’.

I agree. It’s kind of hot. Probably in another context but still.

Arrrhhhh!

Stupid and oblivious. That’s what guys are.

I’m off to eat some cheese. Whine and cheese. Wine and cheese. Get it? No? My bad.

*edited to add –

You know what really really gets to me? It’s the fact he typed ‘have a nice day’ at the end of one of his smses yesterday. I was having dinner at Stix when the message came. I read it, and nearly choked. HAVE A NICE DAY! What on earth! You don’t normally say that. It’s so polite. It’s so off-ish. God! I’m making a big fuss over this but I don’t care. Hmmph. I would have loved to sms back ‘Have a nice Life’ But I didn’t, of course. Hmmmpphh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home