Tuesday, June 24, 2003

GUILDHALL SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND DRAMA, I bite my thumb at you!!!!!!
*whine, sulk, pout, groan complain, bitch* ALERT. I break 1 resolution here - Use of vulgar words. I haven't used fuck since a long time ago. Oh well. Whatever.

My organ examination was yesterday. Thanks Ming, Kok, Sam, Mike, SiewLee, Amir, Alex, Geoff, Dave, Janet and the parentals. For listening.

Grahhhh.... As you can already tell, it didn't go very well.

Actually. It did start well. Not too bad, in fact, as compared to the morning practice in school, where 6 other students were staring at me play the music. And it didn't really help that I was taking an exam for the highest grade amongst them. And that I was nervous as hell. And they were all STARING at me. I mean staring. Alright. So i did pretty crummy at practice. At the exam it was all peachy. My pieces were great.

Fuge/Prelude in C (Study Piece) - Pretty good. Missed one note, if not it's good. A little lifeless, partially because I was freezing.
Greatest Love of All (own arrangement) - Good. Even if I'd say so myself. Oh, started on one wrong note, but the rest is pitch perfect. Proud of it.
Kokomo/Karma Karmeleon/Heaven is a place on earth (Own arranged medley) - Pretty ding dang good. I mean, it had 7 pages! And I flipped the pages while I was playing the song! The speed is 135 beats/min! That had to show my skill somehow right?
Copacabana (Pop song) - BLAH. I had planned this to be the last piece because this was my best piece during practice. Best I tell you. I can play it pitch perfect, with expression (they give points for that) and can even bop to the music if they wanted me to. And how? how? It let me down! At the most complex part of the music, which I usually nagivate with ease, I bombed. Hit one wrong note and it's gone. Most complex and difficult part, which would have showed my skill. Bombed. Luckily I was able to come back from it within 2 bars.

Scales - I couldn't believe I got F# Major and E flat major in triads correct. Actually I can believe it. I've always been good at these scales.
Chords - He only tested me on one freaking chord! Which I got wrong! How the heck did I know that G Major Seven flattened 9th meant Gm7b9? Stupid.
Sight Reading - Meh. It was okay
Sight Transposing - I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS TESTED ON THIS! WAIT. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS THIS! Mrs. Eng called later and told me it was out of syllabus, and that I should tell the examiner so. What the heck! Aren't examiners supposed to be up-to-date about what to test? Aren't they? For fuck's sake, he's an examiner for the oh-so prestigeous London Guildhall School of Music and Drama, and they don't know what's in the freaking syllabus? WTF! Of course, I played this stupid piece of crap music not know what I'm supposed to do to transpose it. What-freaking-ever.

Aural test - As usual. I can't believe I didn't get the triads position correct. I couldn't believe I got beat time wrong. I couldn't believe I got cadence right. I couldn't believe I got singing right.

Yes. That's it. I've ranted. Now all I have to do is wait for the stupid results.

This is so going to cost me my distinction/honours grade. :(:( I predict a merit or pass at the most. Boo-freaking-hoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home