Sunday, June 15, 2003

Yay Me


Oh wow... I just posted my poem on the FoRT, and they said such nice things about it. It's such a special feeling. I mean, here's Hazy, who's such a talented writer, Jack (Bloon, a published writer!), Shazzer, Bmu, Splatty, and the rest. Saying nice things about my poem. *Haaappppppyyy :)


Here's the poem should anybody be interested. Heh heh.


Hands
(For my grandmother)
Your hands are aged.
they fly numbly over the cloth
piecing together the different,
contrasting scraps of fabric,

each coming together into
a homely piece of quilt.
It is amazing
how your skills

can bring the different
characteristics of people
together into one coherent
close knit unit.

Your hands are beautiful.


Actually 'Numbly' was supposed to be 'nimbly' but I had a typo. Kind of changes the sentence a little, doesn't it? Anyhoo. *loves her Fort Friends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home