Sunday, May 16, 2004

Work! Yay!

*This post was for my first day at the Cafe, which is about 2 weeks ago :D

Anyway, for those of you who knew, I’ve been working at Café Galilee for a couple of weeks now. My first day was at the Woodlands branch. I worked with Doreen, Sue and Mavis. (As you can see, I’m writing down all their names, so in 20 years time, I’ll still remember it. It’s like a little general knowledge. Or something)

Anyhow, Cher had called me the night before to tell me that she’d quit, cause the pay was too low, as compared to her other job. Which is quite true. 4 bucks is actually quite pathetic. But I thought I’d try out, besides, 4 bucks is for the training period, which I thought was quite reasonable) Still, I was a little ‘xian’ when I was going there. I had thought to work a few days, then quit. In case you didn’t notice already, I’m kind of weak willed in that sense.

So I got there and started work.

And loved it.

Absolutely.

I mean, it’s so damn fun! Granted, it’s not all glamorous like Rachael at the Central Perk or what other glam café job just this still so fun! I get to make smoothies, coffee, milk shake and what not. (Shite. The horrible Milk Shake song reverberates in my head ‘My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they’re like, it’s better than yours…’ Damn you, Kelis and your milkshake!)

Anyhow, I had fun hanging out (during the informal break times) with the people there. Turns out that one of them knew Cher. I talked a bit with Mavis too, and she’s really cool. Apparently she wants to watch ‘Elephant’ too! Cool. We made plans (but it fell through cause I already had plans with Sam).

*Anyway, Jump Around by House of Pain is playing in the bg now. I love that song. Makes me so happy. I love ‘anyone stepping on me, you’ll get burnt’*

Hm, so that was first day. So happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home