Thursday, July 29, 2004

I just returned from SMP camp and it was really fun! Previously I was at Tier 1 training at the NUS Guild House where coincidentally Phoebe and Angel were also at, so I hung out with them! :D Also got to know Emily, and was good to find someone who doesn't like camps as well... Haha.

I went alone to YWCA on the day of the camp itself, so it was quite unnerving to go into the room full of strangers, although I was looking for people I know from tier 1. And the great thing was that when I went in, Huiching called out to me! Haha... didn't know she was at the camp as well. And Emily was sitting with her as well! Haha. So we hung out a little.  

In the end we were split up to different groups so I was assigned to Bukit View with some other people (Melodyee, Angel, Christina, Wenyi, Jiahui, Daniel, Caleb, Weixiong and Zhengxiong) Quite surprised I didn't get Swiss Cottage. So I was initially a little sian. But later got to know them a little better and the activities started getting really fun! Lunch was at Fort Canning and we had to get our own ‘cash’. I think our group did really well. First team there and possibly the one with most cash. Haha.

What did we do later… Hm. Afternoon was workshops. Quite fun also. Our group went to Café Cartel to eat, much to the amusement of some of the other mentors. Heh.

At night we went to Fort Canning again to play some games. They had prizes for winning groups so our group was quite [i]kiasu[/i] about it. Haha… Minghui was our mentor coordinator person, and she was so great about helping us along! Our group came in first. Yay! It was really great cause we really set our heart to being the top 3 (there are prizes heh) and we got first. I don’t know… it gave our group a natural high I guess. Haha.

Later we er congregated in our room (I was roommates with Christina and Melodyee) and discussed the play thingy together. We had to do an advertisement for cat food using the emotion Enraged. It was pretty weird.

The next day, we had some morning dip thing in the pool. It’s damn cold! Haha… We played like 2 games then they told us the game’s over?! Then went for breakfast. :D

More classes, then in the afternoon we had this race thingy where we get a list of tasks to do around the CTE area. I love stuff like this! :D Die hard TAR fan I suppose heh.

Very fun. I loved it that when we went to Cine, we immediately saw 2 secondary school students, so we took the neo print. I loved it that we played the drums game perfectly at the PS arcade. I loved it that we are the first team to do the nail art at Amaze shopping mall. Above all, I loved it that we did a great job at the Citylink area (where those kids do breakdancing). Apparently it was such a good job it was the best they had seen. Haha.

We didn’t finish all the stations (we lacked one, where we couldn’t finish our task. But none of the other teams found it). But we were the first back on time and completed all except one of the stations. And we were the only group arrowed to do the Citylink dance thing?! Super embarrassing.. Haha.

Okay so night we did the performance. Cat food smells yucky and our performance was a little weird la but it’s quite funny all the same.. Haha. Some groups gave pretty funny performances.

Later at night we had the traditional river crossing game at Fort Canning again. It took us 4 hours but we finally brought everyone over to ‘Paradise’ and squeezed everyone in the box! It was truly a fun and memorable experience. I mean, at that point in time, we were probably bored and tired and grumpy, but now that I think of it, it’s experiences like this that makes it memorable.

And it really is memorable. I find it amazing that in such a short space of a couple of days, our group really bonded with each other. It’s great, like with Daer. I think we are even closer than the other groups! Haha. And I really clicked with Christina, cause we sort of share the same interests. :D She’s really great to hang out with and probably the closest galfriend in the group. And Jiahui was my senior at SAJC! :D She recognized me cause apparently I was quite ‘prominent’. I thought I was very quiet in JC.  Haha, we both love shopping so it’s great. And Mel I know from sec school, but we only got closer at this camp!  Mel, Jiahui, Angel, Caleb and I were from SA. It’s so cool :D

And the coolest thing is that we all live in the same area! :D:D So happy!

Can’t wait from mentoring to start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home