Sunday, August 22, 2004

Chica Ipanema 14/8

Ok, I'm actually quite lazy to write what happened on Jam and Hop, but here's what I wrote for the school website. (Yes, everything that has to do with writing will be automatically unloaded to me to do. It's like I have this big 'I love to WRITE' stamped across my forehead, haha). And actually, I wasn't upstairs half of the time, I was downstairs doing ticketing. Which actually quite fun cause I get to see quite a lot of cute guys (like the exchange guy). Oh and this guy came up to me and asked me if I was going upstairs, I told him yes, and he gave me his drink ticket. Hah. Oh ya, had a huge disagreement with the Rouge people, but basically I've kind of expected it. There isn't a club that will allow entry after 12, everyone knows that. Okay what I've wrote -


If you think Jam and Hop 2004 Chica Ipanema is just another university bash, think again.

This Brazilian theme party held at Zouk on 14th August is definitely more than just a regular clubbing event. This year, all performances have a Brazilian flavor to them. Kicking off the programs is a sultry dance performance put up by our very own talented Bizaders. It certainly set a tone to the bash and had our partiers getting into the mood. Following that, Brazilian footballers Egmar Goncalves and Peres de Oliviera from Home United put in a special appearance. The audience asked to see more of their awesome football skills, and was rewarded when the footballers gamely joined one of our special audience contests.

Next up, Dino dance school put up an exciting lambada dance performance that had the audience dancing along to the music. The pageant preview was up next, and our freshmen are certainly a sight to behold as they modeled casual wear to the music, providing an intriguing teaser to the pageant finals to be held at Bizad Ball. Our next guest, Interstate Malaysia Salsa Queen Zilah gave us a sizzling Salsa performance that had the audience captivated by her effortlessly brilliant dance.

The highlight of the night was the performance of Wicked Aura, an awesome 12 person Brazilian percussion group. Upon taking the stage, the group set to entertain our partiers with the infectious and wicked brazilian samba batucada music. They had the audiences asking for more after their mini concert, and really set the tone for the party to really begin! New York’s best international DJ, Jojo Flores was the DJ for the night, and kept our Bizaders dancing to his funky soul beats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home