Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Sunday

was super fun!

Met the mentees at Bukit Batok and if I thought I was early (Mum drove me), the rest are even earlier. Haha. A lot of them were at McDonalds, and I'm quite surprised that all of them actually made the effort to come down! (At 8 no less. I was super tired. I got home at 4 from the CS bash the night before)

Anyway, our name tags are very nice! This is mine, and it fits with my mentee's! Very nice right! Haha.
It better be considering we worked from 7 - 4 am for it. Heh.

Reached SCC and did the checkin and stuff. There were so many people there, and some from the mentor's camps that I recognised, and it was nice to see them! :D I'm not sure if it's just me, but I thought our kids are so much more active and er... naughty compared to the rest of them. Haha. Erm, cause I guess they are one of the mroe how should I say it, notorious schools? Heh. But they had so much energy and are so happy to be there it's just great.

:( Cried
Headed to SRC and there we learnt the cheers and played some station games. There was a little confrontation between my mentee and V. And V actually turned around and shouted at my mentee. I tried reasoning with V, but to no avail. So for a while, I was pretty... I don't know how to say it. Lost as to what to do. It really really upset me, and I didn't know what to do, so I just walked down and joined the rest of the mentors. Caleb and Christina were standing there, and they asked me what happened, and I was telling them about it when suddenly I cried. I didn't want anyone to see it, so I walked to the corner of SRC and tried to wipe my tears, but I couldn't stop tearing for some reason. So WX, Wenyi, Christina, Jiahui, Mel, Angel and Zhenxiong actually left the mentees and came over and asked me if I was alright. Quite embarassing (I can never spell this word). Haha. But it was very comforting and nice.

Hm, that sounds strange. Haha.

V was instantly nicer to A after that, and to me too. Maybe it's my imagination. Maybe tears really have effect on guys. Haha. I think he's actually just a decent guy. I shouldn't have worried so much about the threats.

Being active and young! Hoho!
Games are really fun, and at the back of my head, I'm thinking that I could have used this for campus hunt. Haha... Some of the guys were so hyperactive though! Haha. V, P and A were like running from one station to another, and since I was the IC for the day, I had to run with them too cause I was holding the piece of score sheet. I guess that will explain why I was so tired and my legs were aching like mad for the whole of the next day.

By afternoon, the heat was getting quite unbearable and I really regretting not wearing a cap/ slathering sunblock on my skin /worn something that didn't reveal my shoulders to the sun! I burn quite easily, and by then I already have this red bar across my nose and cheeks. The rest of the games were quite fun actually! A lot better than the other camp games, cause you really need to work together.

We didn't end up winning the games, just some teamwork prize. And what do you know? They forgot the nametag prize thingy! Haha... we were so disappointed. Then some of them shouting 'nametag!' (naturally, 'some of them' meant BVSS), and the mentees started calling out too. And very soon, we were making quite a commotion! Haha. I know I was a huge advocate of the nametag thing, but I was honestly a little embarressed, so I just kept quiet. Haha, PS heard it eventually, so they collected our nametags and said would judge them at a later time. Haha.

Later went for dinner with them.

Oh ya! Caleb made me do this wild goose chase after the mentees who are apparently at Westmall, but were in fact, home! Haha...

It was fun. Now I just have to get rid of this pesky sunburn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home