Sunday, January 16, 2005

Cheers Darling

I am so hooked on Damien Rice these days. I think his lyrics are awesome -

Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
Still a little hard to say what's going on

Still a little bit of your ghost your witness
Still a little bit of your face I haven't kissed
You step a little closer each day
Still I can't say what's going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball

And he sings in this languid, lazy manner that is so sexy!

Alex told me today -

'It's girls like you ... that's why some guys do not have girlfriends'

...regarding why I am taking so long to get myself a boyfriend. Like it's my fault. Like it's my fault I always attract guys I have no interest in, and am attracted to guys who have no interest in me. The last one was K back in July, whom mum said I would have gone out with if he had not been too persistent. I don't know about that... I think I was prepared to give him a chance, but I was scared. I was scared that he would be the wrong one for me. I was also scared that I would not be the kind of girl he's looking for.

Anyhoo. It's no big deal really.

And maybe there is someone else more special out there. I think there is. I'm not so sure yet. It's always the adorable sideways smile that slay me. HAha. Suddenly I am transported back to the Infatuation days. The infatuation part is always the best part I think. It's like a mild heart attack.

Grah! But we are only acquintances. I hate it when I get infatuated with an aquintance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home