Sunday, January 09, 2005

Learn to be lonely

Was listening to the Phantom OST. Minnie Driver's track on the soundtrack 'Learn to be lonely' was really quite good. Not exactly plaintive but more of an acceptance. In a sense it's also quite scary.

I think I've learnt to be independent, in the sense that I don't need anyone to take care of me, or I don't exactly need to be in the company of friends all the time everywhere I go. I can go out shopping alone, go to tutorials or lectures alone. Actually I've even been to Coffeebean alone. Haha. *proud of self*

But the thing is, while I do want to learn to be independent, there is a fine line between independence and loneliness. I don't want to learn to be lonely because I don't want to be lonely.

When you do cross the line from being independent to being lonely?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home