Monday, April 14, 2003

Am home! Just took a shower. Yup, yup. So how was today, you ask? How was Catholic High? Spill! Heh. Ok. Here goes. Today’s entry title -

I get a kick out of students calling me Miss Chew

Woke up at 5.15 am today. 5.15 am!!! I hardly think I should be subjected to such torture. But still. Had to meet my friend, Xin, at 7 am, and the trip to Bishan is really, really long. Guess what. I was early. By 15 minutes! Me the always-late! Harhar… Xin is really nice. She’s the one who got me the job and gave my contact to you-know-who. Bless her. :D

So we got to Cat High at about 720, which as Maurice said, was a safe time to get there. Actually, I think it’s not quite safe… one teacher signed in at 630. Goodness. What an ass. Makes the rest of us look like bums. To reach CH by 630 I’d have to leave by 515, which means I have to wake up at 445. Gee.

So anyway, went to the staff room to get ready. And I got the biggest surprise of the day. It is Maurice’s table! A huge bouquet of red roses, and a card with my name!

Harhar!

Gotcha! You didn’t seriously believe that, did you? Heh. Maurice’s table. You know what? Before I started at CHS, Maurice was like, um, you’ll be sitting at my table, I will tidy it up a little. I didn’t actually see the table, though he pointed at the general direction. And I saw it today. Tidy up? I would dread to see the table in a messy condition. On the chair itself was a cushion. No, actually, it’s a squashed cushion b/c this huge plastic bag of stuff is above it. The table…Wait, did I say a table? Actually, there was no table. It’s just one huge mess of… um, well.. stuff. Got. Urge. To. Clean. Now, people who know me well will know that I have the messiest room in the world. This mess is nowhere near my room’s mess.

So anyway, I have no first period class and went to have breakfast with Xin. The café is actually EMPTY. It’s refreshing to see an empty canteen after 2 years in SA and where ppl hang out is predominantly the café. Had some Ribena (yum) and then went up to prepare the teaching stuff.

First class is combined humanities. So I waltz in with my literature stuff and you know the typical reaction. ‘Who is this? She looks unqualified’ Haha… or something like that. So I introduced myself (Miss Chew! I get a kick out of listening to it.) and guess what. Nobody had any literature stuff. None at all. Asses. Hah! I refused to let them win so I said, ‘Well, we’ll do social studies then. I have transparencies!’ Hah! I am so smart, I scare myself sometimes. Haha.. *Triumphant

Anyway, lets not talk about this social studies class. It totally sucks. Lets just say this smart alec finds it funny to disagree with anything I say, but have nothing to back up his disagreement. I actually went ‘You can disagree with me, BUT get your facts straight first.’ Like a bitch huh. And these 3 guys who finds it fun to irk and irritate me. (Oh, one of them looks like Jens from my 3 month course class. Heh.) I had them move and sit right in front of me. Haha. Oh btw, I think I screwed up Maurice’s schedule. Was supposed to do lit first. Arrrhh. Whatever. Oh, Jens-look-alike has taken to calling Maurice by his name. Why? B/c I accidentally referred to Maurice as Maurice. Uh. Ok. I am talking about it when I just said I didn’t want to talk about it.

Then was English class a.k.a It’s time for me to slack! Woohoo! Just shoved the comprehensions to them amid their protests and sat back and painted my nails. No. Actually I read the comprehension paper. Booorrriinnggg. This group of guys who sat in front were the more vocal ones. Asked me for extension and I was like ‘No, you’ll get me into trouble!’ And they were like, ‘We won’t tell anyone! You just tell Maurice that you brought the worksheets home!’ And I’m like *haughty ‘I have moral standards!’ And they were like ‘Moral standards? Who needs it?’

**Funny overheard thing**
A - ‘Hey staple this for me!’
B - ‘ Modern dogs are getting demanding’

ROFL :D

So as I was leaving, this guy in the front row was like ‘Miss Chew! Where’s Mr. Chew?’

Me - ‘I have not found him’

That would have been a pretty good comeback except that (1) My future husband would probably not take my surname. (2) They were talking about a real Mr. Chew. I think. Bleah.

*Break. Went back to staff room. *yay! An sms from SL!* All of a sudden the telephone intercom thingy blared ‘Christine! Christine Chew! Sitting at Maurice’s table! I’m looking for Christine Chew! I was terrified. So I pretended I didn’t hear it until someone is the office called for me. So… embarrassing. It was some paperwork thingy. When I came back, was too late to go for lunch with Xin so I sat at the table. And. Cleaned. Up.

Me. Whose home table is a mess. Tidying up Maurice’s table. Weird. Apparently, I am given liberty to throw all his stuff away. Lol *thanks Mrs. Whoeveryouare! And that his table has been that messy since the beginning of time. Heh. Apparently too, he is a super popular teacher. I swear, the number of gifts there… Haha. And the number of photos! Most of which are school photos. And soft toys! 2 of them! *shudder. Guys + soft toys = scary. And I realised that there was this huge cardboard box of um, things on the floor. He is the only teacher who has it. What on earth? Surely he’s not that starved of space! I cleared up the area pretty nicely, even if I do say so myself. What I did not touch was this suspicious looking pair of running shoes. Heh. It’s white. And blue.

The next and last class of the day next. Hum.. Nothing interesting. It’s a ‘guai’ class. Only funny moment –
Me – ‘Your teacher is not here…’
Student – ‘Maybe he has SARS and is quarantined’

Haha…

Went back to class after that and hung out, reading this survivor I dug of the debris (Metaphor! Woohoo!) It’s a book. A Bad Place by Dean Koontz. Was pretty nice. Clancy-like. Actually I’ve never read Clancy but still. Anyhow, I stole it!!! Haha. No. I borrowed it home. Hee.

Blah… so many stuff I didn’t add in. But this entry is getting too long huh. Haha. Shall see tmr. Yawn. Off to have a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home