Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Hi! Welcome in to another episode of ‘Diary of Christine in Catholic High’ Bet you are just dying to know what happened today. Harhar… Christine the conceited. Well! I have the perfect title for this entry. It’s

Me and Maurice have the same handwriting!

*Note 1 - Since I’m doing entries for this blog every afternoon for these couple of days, I’ll write some stuff about what happened last night too. Why afternoon, you ask. Heh. Because I have to go to bed early at night (I have to wake up at 5.15!) and most importantly, I knock off at 2 pm! Woohoo! Ok.

*Note 2 – I’m gonna refer to Maurice in this entire entry as Mr. Maurice, b/c I think his surname is kind of weird. In fact, his full name is very weird too, imo.

So last night was pretty tame. Oh oh… This guy called me. Said his name was Nicholas, and that we met last week. Wtf! I don’t even know who he is! And the weird thing is that he knows my name and number. Well! Whatever. Told him I’m going overseas tomorrow so he better not call me. Hahaha… I don’t know, he sounded exhausted. Like he’d just sprinted 20 kilometres. *shrug

**Today!

I had to go to Cat. High early because I had to take attendance! Yay! Sounds really cool. I never knew being a teacher was so cool! But then again, I’m a nerd deep down inside, so it does not surprise you eh? Ahahaha… But in the end I didn’t go down to the assembly place lah… Just stood upstairs on the balcony area and looked down. The reason is that if I had to go down to take attendance, it’ll be disastrous. My skirt, the one from Phuture London is a wrap around skirt and I just realised today that it flies open from any small gust of wind! Gahhh!

So I was standing there at the balcony and got the first compliment of the day :D. This teacher who was standing beside me was like, ‘You must be the sweetest teacher in the school’. *smiles. There was no sarcasm or anything. At least, I don’t think so. Haha. I think it alludes to my clothes and strappy heels. It’s very, um ‘ribbon-y’.

Then Xin was like ‘You ah, must be the prettiest teacher in the school’. Ahahahha! *smiles madly. And it’s only my second day there! Heh.

First class – Combined Humanities, but another class, different from the one yesterday. So I was waiting outside the class and I found out that the door was locked! Well! Then a group of students came and they were like ‘We have to wait for the class to come unlock the door. They are at PE’. And I was getting damn impatient and I went ‘Does Mr. Maurice get irritated and demand that the students come up immediately to open the door?’ This guy was like ‘No, he waits for them. Haha… relax’ Heh. Seems like Maurice is the easy going kind. Which reminds me! There was this ‘stress relieving’ tablets thingy on his table and someone wrote ‘This is good for stress relief. Especially for stress due to excessive happiness and to promote limp wrists (eh?)’ Hoho…

Finally, we got into class and I asked them if they have their textbooks and they were like ‘No, it’s really heavy to carry around’ Hmmpphh! Like I don’t have to carry it around. So I refuse to be daunted and went ‘Well! We are still gonna go through lit anyway!’ So I did the ‘Protagonist, Antagonist, Hero, Villian’ thingy with them. And since I have no transparencies and they have no textbooks, I had to resort to the white board. And then, as I was writing, this guy (Ian) went ‘You have the same handwriting as Mr. Maurice!

*Dances around for 5 minutes

See, I’m crazy. Ok, my (very witty, imo) comeback was that he had very nice handwriting then! Modest huh, hahaha… Then some guy was like ‘I know why!’ And suddenly a lot of people spoke up at the same time, so I never got to ask why. Hmmpphh. Anyway, this class was FUN! Everybody participated. Well, almost everybody. Wahhh! I love students like them, even when they ask me funny things like ‘If the protagonist is a villain, then does it make him an antagonist? Then if the antagonist is a hero then is he a protagonist? If the protagonist is a villain, then there is no antagonist, as the definition for villain is an antagonist who is cruel?’

Arrgghh! I had to spend lots of time telling them that being an antagonist is not necessarily a cruel person, just that they have a conflict with the protagonist … *Blah blah blah.

Yay! Am meeting this class again tmr! Woo hoo!

Then I met Maurice’s form class for English. It was okay, I guess. Nothing very interesting happened. Couple of guys in front that are quite vocal and stuff, but I had fun talking to them. Two of them looked like twins! Oh, when I first walked in, someone said ‘What’s she doing here?’ Ass. So rude! But it was an okay form class. I learnt that ‘Mr. Maurice is a slacker’ Hoho… won’t he be glad to know that. Gave the class early recess. Yay! This student (Kenneth, I think) gave his word that I won’t get into trouble for letting them go early. Harhar. Am being popular with the students. Hohoh…

*Break. Hung out in the staff lounge with Xin.

It’s back to boring English class in the ‘guai’ class. This time, I gave them 1 period to finish the comprehension, with the 2nd period for this transparency handout Maurice had on his table for me to go through with the class. Guess what? If you guess that Maurice had already gone through the handout with them, you guessed right. If you guess that I’m in trouble b/c I have one period that I had to fill up, you’re also right. STUPID MAURICE! Screwed me! (Not in that way of course. My crush on him is not that obsessive…hyuk hyuk.)

So… oh, so was in the class when some guys walked pass from recess and I heard someone shout ‘chio bu!’ Wahahah! Maybe I heard wrong. Maybe he was saying ‘that’s such a chio Book!’ ;)

*Contact time! Something like Civics. I had to go back to the form class and when I went in, twin 1 said ‘What is she doing here’! Argghhh! I’m the form teacher! I’m taking over Maurice’s classes. Therefore. What’s. His. Is. Mine! In terms of classes, of course. Anyway, contact time is slack time. So… talked to the twins (they really look alike! They are not really twins, of course) and some others. And that was the end of the day! I’m free to go! Woohoo!

*Compliment! ‘You have very nice hair’ Yay!

Oh, after school, this student came to look for me to sign some document. *wow. That’s so cool. Was eating lunch with Xin and some other teachers. Went to buy some fruit juice and this teacher about Maurice’s age said hello to me :) That’s Edwin, Maurice’s good friend. Haha… feeling special today.

Know what I like about sitting at Maurice’s desk, in spite of it’s messiness? The fact that he had photos of him and the class around the table! Wow. It’s like paradise.

*runs off to watch TV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home