Sunday, January 30, 2005

Dirty Pretty Things

No reason for the title, I just like the way it rolls off the tongue ok?

So the day before (saturday), we went to Daniel's KR play. Was at the library when Mel called and asked if I was going. (Yes I'm studying 3 weeks into the semester. Probably the most hardworking you'll ever catch me)

'I'll go if you guys go ok? But I'm totally ok with not going. Really.'

Later Mel called WS, and called me back. I msged WS about (not) going. After the whole string of communication, all (WS, Caleb, WY, Mel and me) of us finally went because it would not be nice if we didn't go, even if we did buy the tickets. Cause you know, attendance means something, I guess. (Although you can just grab the program booklet and split!)

I thought the play was a little cliche and contrived, but hey, I probably don't even have the will power to write an entire play myself so I shouldn't talk too much right. I guess I don't like anything too overtly 'trying-to-be-artistic'. It's very pseudo.

Later we went to Coffee Club at Holland V to have dessert. (I want my country pie! Boo)
The chocolate truffle cake with mango sauce is delicious. Really. I should have taken a photo of it but I was so entranced that I forgot to.


*

Was QS's 21st yesterday, and he treated us to dinner at Pariss. About 20 people, at Pariss dinner time on a Sunday. That's mad cause it's the most expensive time slot you can get! 42+++ per person. But what the hey, I'm not the one treating, hoh.

I've always been a little awkward QS cause well, being cousins of the same age we should have more stuff to talk about right? But we never seem to talk about stuff outside of schoolwork.
And it's very unnatural cause well, I'm in bizad and he'll be going to SMU.
And I can't tell him to his face 'Bah, I think they just have a great marketing team'.

But last night was okay I guess. I love the food at Pariss, but I think I prefer Genghis Khan more. Hah! But they had a better selection of cakes! (Like chocolate truffle. Hahah)
Also I loved the goose liver pate. Yummy. And the mozellera scallops. Yum.

I didn't touch the sashimi. *shudder.
I never understood eating something that tastes like chee cheong fun with a fishy taste.

But last night was quite fun. I love eating buffets!

*

I am loving Aussino. Bought a set a sleepwear there yesterday.
Mum told me 'It looks like something a wife wears for a husband.'
What?!



Does it look like that? Erm. I don't think so.

Anyway, cheap thrill of the day. They have this really cute quilt coverwith names of guys on it. The first name I saw was his name! Haha. (I told you it was a cheap thrill)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home