Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Double Standards

Wanted to blog about this but I forgot. Remember this post?

Anyway, I wanted to add. How come is it alright when people tell thin girls

'Oh my gosh, you're soooooo skinny! Go eat something, you are so damn bone-y! Eeks! You look like you're a starving refuge!'

but not okay / politically incorrect to tell fat girls

'Oh my gosh, you're soooooo fat! Time to cut down on those chocolates and char kway teows! You look like you are a polar bear!'

It's so unfair, cause if you're talking about health issues, both body types are equally unhealthy. The skinny body type is not getting enought nutrients and the fat body type is in danger of having higher heart related diseases. So I would say that both statements above are perfectly fine to say to someone if you are concerned about their well being (although it ranks pretty low on the tact level).

So why is it that we are frowned upon for telling people that they are obese and should eat less, and nothing is said when we tell skinny people to eat a cheesebuger?

That's unfair! It's also extremely hurtful when people tell me 'Eh go eat something, you're so bony'. I bet it hurts no less than when a fat person is told 'Eh don't eat too much char kway teow, you're so fat'

It's all society's fault. It's okay to be skinny and have people tell you you're an aneroxic (I got that once I think), but not okay to tell a fat person he/she's obese. Why? Is it more flattering to be aneroxic? It's not! It hurts just as much when people tell you that.

So stop it.

---------------

I do like it, though, when people fuss about me :)

*M* says:
erm.. make urself porridge
*C* says:
haha, i'd prob eat choc or sth
*C* says:
i'm eating
*M* says:
what ya eating?!!?
*M* says:
got fever eat choc!!
*M* says:
wan die ah!!!
*M* says:
put down that piece of choc right now!
*M* says:
oei oei oei
*C* says:
? chocolate la :P
*C* says:
toberlones!
*M* says:
oei!!!
*M* says:
u fever still dare eat choc
*M* says:
i smack u ah
*C* says:
and almond nougouts (spelling mistake, I know)
*M* says:
trying to be funny huh
*M* says:
go drink lotsa water go


Very maternal right! So nice to have people fuss about you! :D

-----------

Anyhoo. took off on tuesday to do some serious tanning but !!! It was raining... so went to meet Cher at Harbourfront where we drank hot cocoa (yay) then went to watch Batman Begins!

Batman begins is really good! I kind of wasn't really into it cause it's not normally my genre of movies, but I really really liked it! I love how they were showed how Batman acquired all his fancy-schmancy playthings, like the batsuit and the batmobile. Damn cool! Christian Bale's a really really good actor, it's almost like he IS Batman. I loved Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in this movie too.

Hate Katie Holmes. If you guys watch it, pay attention to the last part where she's about to lean in to kiss Christian Bale... oh my god what's with that scrunched up twisted mouth face?!! Christian Bale is so damn hot! It must be such a sexy moment to kiss him and you TOTALLY botch it up with some weird face expression?!!

Glad there's no Robin. Would have made the movie less 'dark' with his goofy red and green christmassy costume.

Met Dannnn after that. We went shopping around. Actually we went to Times Bookshop. I realised that everytime we are at PS, we will go to the Times Bookshop (at my request la :D). And we'll always go to the kid's section to read kiddy books. But it's fun! I like reading kiddy books! Read the kid version for 'Who moved my cheese?', which I absolutely loved because the illustrations cracked me up. Hahahah... especially Haw with the red face!

Walk walk walkerty walk

Ended up at Istana Park. Splashed water at me and made me wet! I managed to put up a fight as I splashed a huge amount of water at him. Heh heh. Yay me.

Sitting on the bench and looking at people.

Went to Carrefour. I love Unbearables!!!!!!! And the cute bear on the plastic cover! So cute!

Oh I think I look good in your cap also, so you may as well give it to me :P

Went for SMP meeting at night. Rhyss yelled to me as I walked in 'ARE YOU ATTACHED!!!' Apparently she wants to do an SMP speed dating! Whahaha... Meeting was lots of fun, as usual. Lots of laughs! :D

---------------

Okay sleepy already! Was sick today, battling fever and flu and total I-want-to-plonk-my-head-into-cold-water-it's-so-heavy-ness. Luckily I was doing a stoney job so I can pretend I'm still okay.

What's wrong with you Chris! Will take leave to look for your watch but will not take leave when you are sick and feel like plonking yourself on a bed!

La! Nights all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home