Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Seven random incoherent thoughts

1. Have to put this down at number one or I’d totally forget. Guess who won American Idol…Ruben. Now if the winner had been Clay, I’d but it in large font, bold and underlined, because that’s who I’m rooting for, because…. I’m a Claymate That’s so corny right? Claymate! Hahahah. There is this huge ruckus, because Clay was the one favored to win, even the Ruben fans thought so. So there were speculations about a conspiracy theory that Simon Cowell, Fox Networks and 19 Entertainment cooked up, that they are using underhand methods to make Ruben win. Like rigging the phone lines. Like brainwashing America. I say, Whatever. I mean, the contest is already over and the chances of Fox changing it’s American Idol upon protests is so impossible. Just live with it. And what’s an American Idol anyway? It’s just a title. Nothing else. And Ruben is a nice guy, a talented guy. I don’t mind if he won. It’s better for Clay to be runner up to Ruben or Kim Locke rather than people like errr. Edgar. Hahaha.

2. Been a little stressed these few days over the SMU/NUS/NTU thingy. Here’s the deal. I’ve been accepted into SMU Yay! And they told me I’ve to reply in 14 working days to confirm my enrolment. Ok. And the shitty thing is that I’ve not gotten my application results from NUS/NTU yet! What if I get a course that I want more? And the results from NUS/NTU ain’t coming out so soon, according to Pei Shan. Ok, so maybe I can enroll at SMU first and then jump ship to another course if another better one came along. But SMU (that sly school!) wants a deposit of 300 bucks! 300 bucks! Non refundable! That sly school! Afgh! Rduvb;astivyb;aervyta;reovyb ;rtyvba elrtvyb. I’m so irritated.

3. I’ve not been handling stress very well. Just yesterday, I think I was pretty rude to Ming about some of the job we have to do. Think it’s not a nice thing to tell people Whatever when they are explaining something to you. Hmmm… think was pretty stressed about the enrolment thing (ie. Above entry no.2) It’s very important not to let your personal problems get in the way of interacting with people, because when you are in a shitty mood, you tend to do any say things in the heat of the moment that you can never take back. Think I really have to learn how to control and handle stress.

4. Remember in the days of secondary school where you will have 2.4 km run practices? Yeah? Doesn’t it just irk you when you see the usual group of girls who always complain that they cannot run and then they walk really slowly for the entire course of the 2.4km practice. It irritates the hell out of me. I’ve always been the one that is running. Although I’ve never been known for running the 2.4km really fast or anything (always beaten by Ming!!! :D), I’ve always been the few girls who ran alone, not like those who run, no walk, in a group and chat all the way through. It really irritates the heck out of me when they then complain when they can’t pass their 2.4km run, then they complain again. If you haven’t been practicing, how on earth can you pass when you do the real run? Right? It’s as simple as that. You brought this upon yourself, you pick up the mess.

And on my way to work today, I saw students from my previous secondary school doing the 2.4 practice run. As usual, there is this group of girls at the back walking really slowly and talking and laughing. And of course, complaining. I can’t help but laugh and think of how they will react when they do fail the 2.4km run. One particularly funny one. This girl jogging a little turns back and look at her friend. ‘You aren’t running?’. Then she stops jogging too, and walks with her friend. If you want to run, then run! Who cares whether your friends want to run or not! This is precisely the kind of lemming attitude that bothers me.

5. The saddest and most heart wrenching show in the world has got to be this Mediacorp 8 TV show ‘Hai You Ming Tian’ every weekday nights at 9 pm. Roughly translated, it means, ‘There is still tomorrow’, with a play on the word ‘Hai’ which is also the hanyupinyin for child. The series is about kids with life threatening illnesses. I swear, if you can get through one episode without tearing a little, you are Good. Especially episodes which feature this kid called ‘WeiLiang’ who has kidney failure. Man… his story must be on of the saddest.

His father (played by Wang Yiliang has diabetes, poor eyesight (due to the diabetes) and is confined to a wheelchair, while his mother (Huang Biren) is a cleaner and dishwasher. And he has a severe case of kidney failure. And since his father can’t work, his mother is the sole breadwinner of the family. And to raise money for Weiliang to get a kidney transplant, they sold their one room flat. They were persuaded by this cousin to use the money and bring Weiliang to an overseas hospital, and this cousin would help them do the paperwork and finance thingy. And of course, they were cheated by this cousin, and now, they have no money, no roof over their heads and if you watched the acting of the 3 of them, I swear it’ll break your heart. Then Weiliang is in the hospital, while his parents stay under a highway shelter kind of place. And they were robbed of their last belongings, and the father was beat up by the robbers. And then last night’s episode left us hanging whether Weiliang would die.

Man this is too sad.

6. TAR is coming! Tomorrow! I can’t wait! I’ve gotten the cheat sheet from the FoRT and am all geared up for the race tomorrow. TAR I love you!

7. More movies please! Woo hoo! Made plans with Sam to watch Bruce Almighty and Finding Nemo (featuring the cutest clownfish in the world! :D) Yay! I can’t wait!!!

8. I made a new layout but it isn’t loading!!! :(:( Grrr…




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home