Thursday, July 17, 2003

Maksim Mrvica

Everyone say hi to Maksim. Piano Player. He's Croatian.


Bought his CD a couple of weeks back and I've been listening to it non stop. It's playing 24/7 in my player. And I saw his MTV last night.

What can I say. The sheer intensity, exhilaration, power of the piece 'Flight of the bumblebee' just blew me away. His fingers, running up and down the piano, just the right velocity, strength and beat. The speed of the piece, just picks you up and you find yourself in this whimsical musical journey. So much like the title. The humming of the bumblebee. The power. Watch him play... it's so mesmerizing. He has an amazing talent. Where does all these intensity come from?

My personal favourite in the CD has got to be 'Exodus'. It's beautiful, haunting and I don't know... a sense of regret in it. Sort of... I don't know. Painful, but so so haunting.

*Runs off to listen.

And I think my computer is underway for repair. Yes!!! finally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home