Friday, January 23, 2004

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year guys!

CNY Eve was spent in school as I had film art tutorial and then went over to the bazaar to collect some stuff. :) Erm, had sth mundane yet interesting that happened. Hm. Oh yeah. I LOVED film art tutorial. The tutor's so cool and I really missed classes like this ever since I left JC. Classes where you just sat around and discussed and analysed the text. THIS IS SO COOL. (Okay. Before I sound like a no-life nerd)

Anyway, had reunion dinner with the extended family. It was a rush, cause Mum forgot it was 6, until Aunt called us at 545 to ask about bringing abalone to the restaurant when Mum remembered. Hahaha. It was a rush. It was at this restaurant at Beach Road... not very exciting. Food not very nice either. Should have gone to BoonLay Raja, but still. Dinner was nice... it was with the 1st aunt's family and god mum's family. So overachiever cousin was there too. I still can't forget how I thought he was cute. Hahah. Anyhow. He was as usual, the overachiever. Seems like he got some sword for OCS or something like that. Whatever. Dinner was nice. David's hair was funky. Everyone was happy. Lalala.

Chinese New Year was the usual flurry of activity. On the first day we went to 2nd Uncle's house, which is where we've been every CNY since I was about 2 years old. And that's where the extended family always is at on the first day. Like every year (well not exactly every year), we prayed to Granddad, and then proceeded to talk to relatives I see like, 3 times in a year. Some more than others. Talked to Godpa (not the Glenn Ong one! :D Heh heh), as he was in hospital the day before due to some health problem. Also some other people (Chris gets vague here... as all good Pisceans should be). Later couple of us went to have lunch at this Malay restaurant which is quite good. It's at this old shophouse place at Beach Road.

Later went back... Dad had work to do, and Mum and bro were still at Aunt's place, so I had dinner alone :\ But later Mum and bro came back and yup. :D

And I love the Chinese New Year movies that they have on tv :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home