Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Unplugged! CEOs in the flesh.

This is an entry about CEO Unplugged on the 13th which we co-organised with Startup@Singapore. It was quite messed up at first, cause the gift packs and everything were not ready, but we got it done in the end.

The crowd was amazing, I tell you. HSS Auditorium can only hold 200 people. We have about 280 plus and counting. People were sitting on the aisle, gathered at the back of the auditorium. We had to turn several people down. I know CEO Unplugged was popular but this popular? Wow. I think most people were very interested in the fact that Olivia Lum, CEO of Hyflux was there. She's a very busy woman; they had some trouble inviting her, and CEO Unplugged's date was changed cause she couldn't make the 14th.

Anyhow, we had for guests -

Olivia Lum -- CEO of Hyflux
Douglas Foo -- CEO of Apex Pal (He owns the chain of Sakae Sushi)
Victor Pok -- CEO of Litespeed

(I just realised writing CEO is redundunt. THis is after all, CEO Unplugged.)

Anyway, I didn't really get a chance to listen in to the talk, because I had to give up my place for the audience. I am the co-organiser after all. So I went to whine to some people. Lol. Eventually Ken said since he was holding the keys for the backdoor, why don't he just open it and we can sit backstage? Lol. I love the way he thinks. Hoho. Anyhow, he opened the backstage doors, and me and Yantyng went and sat backstage with Larry, who's the MC. Still can't hear a thing. Heh. But it was fun sitting back there. Olivia Lum is really pretty. Douglas Foo is quite funny. I didn't catch Mr. Pok's. Oh yeah, I left my phone with Wendy and Shuyi. And I was backstage when Larry got a message. Apparently from me. Lol. Some dumb message. So it's pretty apparent I didn't send it la. Heh. So we connived to send something stupid back. Hoho. In the end I found out it was Robin. Lol. Stupid guy.

In the end, we went down first to get food. Lol. Jolia told us to eat first... or later it'll be too late. So we had a leisurely dinner without the crowds.

I love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home