Saturday, January 10, 2004

What's up? And something abt my Sunday.

A lot of people are adding me on ICQ tonight in a time span of 30 minutes. And I don't know them all.

Anyway, had a pretty unusual Sunday. (the first Sunday I wasn't shopping/collecting old newspapers/slacking) Went to catch a movie with Mike and WeiHerng at CineLeisure in the afternoon (ie. 1230) and according to WeiHerng, it was damn weird. Lol. No wonder he was so strangely quiet. Hoho. Anyway. The movie was Love Me If You Dare. And I absolutely love it. I love the surreal-ness of it. The dream like sequences. The metaphors, innuendos, suggested meanings. I love every 90 minutes of it. It's wonderful. I love it, how at the end, where they have this 'inteprete it yourself' ending.

Two lovers, buried in cement. Kissing. The le motif tin carousel floating up above them, not buried, but exposed. Flash forward 50 years later. An old man and woman. Having the same banter as the young lovers. Holding the tin carousel. Laughing. Flashes of the young couple kissing. Scenes not shown before. Back to when they were kids.

How do you inteprete? Personally, I want to believe that the lovers cemented is just a visual imagery of the term 'cementing their love for each other'. That they do grow old together. But given the kind of destructive love they have for each other, one can't really say.

Anyhow, after that, WeiHerng and I met up with Larry who was having music lesson nearby. We hung out. Lol. Went to Borders. Had fun. Talked.

Fun. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home