Sunday, January 25, 2004

The Last Samurai.

I am quite tired now and will not write an entry sufficiently good enough for this wonderful movie. So I'll do it tmr. Heh.

One thing's for sure. DVD and the book. I'll get it.

And achers are cool. Arrows and bows are way cooler than big guns.

*** This is the recap***

Okie, On sat I went out with Larry and WeiHerng to PS... had ice cream at Gelare (with the tick on the e :D) The guy at the counter was very strange. Haha. I asked him if I could get toppings for the icecream then he was like 'There are no toppings for ice cream.' Then he told me 'But I can give you hot fudge sauce'. Then I was like huh? I thought you said there isn't any? Aiya... very vague.

Photo Op!
Then WeiSheng joined us and we wanted to watch The Last Samurai, but there wasn't any at PS, so we went over to Shaw Towers (ugh) to watch. Heh. (Offhand, it wasn't that bad). We walked from PS to the Shaw... which isn't so far actually. Oh yeah... Walked past Chijmes and WeiH asked us to take a photo and Weis, Larry and I posed stupidly in front of the Chijmes logo thingy. Haha.

The MOVIE was really really good! I went in not expected much, but I came out gushing about the movie and absolutely loving everything to do with Samurais and their code of honour and the way they think, the way they behave, the way they move, the way they are so focused etc. It really left a deep impact on me. Okay. Shin Koyamada left a deep impact on me. Haha. He's the son of Katsumoto (played by Ken Watanabe). And he's really cute. Ai, he just have the look and the intensity and I love it. Hm. He looks a lot better in the role.

And if we were talking about intensity, how can I not say something about Ken Watanabe? He's the epitome of intensity. He's a very very charismatic actor, I feel. And he's a very good looking man for his age. :D

And Tom Cruise has never made much impact on me as an actor, but he did a very good job here.

And there were a lot of parallels to LOTR. Therefore, I conclude that Archers rock. (Ie Legolas and Nobutada are archers :D:D:D)

Later we met Cheryl at Suntec for dinner at Kenny Rogers... had crap conversation and a generally stupid time. Haha... I like to move away from the conventional 'Had a great time and good conversation'. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home