Saturday, January 03, 2004

Today. Mona Lisa and Mad People

Listening - Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters by Elton John

I think the title for today is really apt.

Had meeting in school in the morning for the SE Project. It was... I guess, one of the better meetings. I guess it's because we've got some work done and we well, actually know some of the other people, thanks to the potluck at Augustine's place. Or maybe it's because I have my allies (aka Larry and Yantyng) with me. There are still certain dynamics, I guess. Seen so clearly in the seating, the year 3s and above sitting at the front tier, and the year 1s (us and Cheryl) were sitting at the second tier. But now that we are going to work closer with the rest, I hope everyone... integrates.

Mona Lisa(s)mile

Anyhow, after the meeting was movie with Cheryl and Kaian. Mona Lisa's smile at Lido. It matches what the critics say... it is so alike with Dead Poets Society. I mean, I don't think it's groundbreaking or anything. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. But it's not different. Nonetheless, I liked it a lot. It wasn't sentimental or weepy or anything, in fact, I think the ending is quite nice. Not too weepy or anything. Nostalgic, but mature.

On another note, I'm getting a little pissed with K. I shall not say so much here but I'll just say I think I will keep some distance until he stops pissing me off.

Cheryl dear is so nice, got me a pair of shorts when she went to M'sia :D She was saying I should hang out with her and her SEP buddies tonight at Zouk. Heh... Sounds interesting; I'm regretting not joining the SEP buddy thing, but I'm already so busy...

Mad People

So, we've come to the mad people part of this post. I'm kidding actually. Not so much as mad people, but people I cannot understand. After the movie, went to meet Mum at ChinaTown cause she wanted to see the fire cracker thing. She's so cute in the way she was so enthusiastic about it. *Hugs my mum. But much as I loved my mum, I don't see what's the big deal about it you know. I mean, there were about 5 million people there trying to get a piece of the action as well. We can hardly move, let alone see anything. It irritates the heck out of me, crowds, I mean. Not being able to move and stuff. Now clubbing is another thing altogether. Because if you get sick of walking around in the crowd, you can just stop and dance. Well. Maybe not, but you get my gist.

And I don't get the point about going all the way to ChinaTown to camp out with 5 million (Ok I'm exaggerating, but it felt like 5 million) other people to just hear the sounds of fire crackers and smell other people's b.o. What's up with it? THat's what the television is invented for, folks. So that you can actually see the fire crackers, and not have to camp out for what seems to be loud cracking noises.

Nevertheless, when I heard the first sounds of the crackers exploding, I can't help but feel really excited. I know I've been cynical about it and stuff, but there was this atmosphere and this surge of energy. And this happiness that makes everyone sort of, enchanted. And quiet. So it's just the crackers exploding, people looking in awe, and overall just this amazing happy-vibe thing. It's beautiful. After that, they had fireworks. I have something about fireworks. And especially those 'comic stars' ones. I call them the comic stars because they really look like comic stars with blazing tails.

Well, later Mum and I went to the Tiong Bahru market to eat. I really missed hangin out with Mum.

Later. Have OCC tmr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home