Friday, December 12, 2003

Wednesday. The girl did NOT go to Zouk

Hm.. Wed was quite slack. Was actually supposed to go for meeting in the morning, then out with the guys for dinner, then hit Zouk with the rest of the crew. But cause Mum was sick in the morning... and I never dare to leave Mum alone at home when she's sick. I worry like crazy, so I stayed home with her.

LEft home in the evening about 6 after Dad came back... Met Val, WeiS, Weih and Yanting at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao at Taka. The food is... well, okay, I guess. Given the price. And the noodles are very Nooch-ish. Haha. It's not unappetizing, but it's not fantastic either. I don't know what's the fascination about eating noodles with a bowl as big as your face and with a ladle and chopsticks. Somehow, a lot of places are finding it trendy to do so. Like, whatever... it's so difficult to eat it like that.

Later we went to CoffeeBean to hang out until they head to Zouk for some bash. Met Corraine, Delvin and Yingyin there... so we sat together. Chatted a little... and then they went off to Zouk... and being the good girl that I am, I went home... Haha. No la... I just wasn't in the mood to club. So. Actually made plans to meet Cher and her friends there... but in the end she didn't join us cause I wasn't there?! Haha.

Ok

Enough with the comparisons, Channel U. I don't give a damn if your TV ratings are better than Channel 8's. The comparisons turn me off. I USED TO watch your shows. USED TO being the keyword. Grow up please. Your stupid ad in the Streats newspaper is bugging me.

Btw, this made me laugh

From Match.com (No dearies, I don't go there on purpose, it popped up) - 'Meet your match anonymously and securely...on match.com'. Surely that doesn't make sense.

V.GoodActually
Watched LoveActually with the gang yesterday. Was very very good. My heart just broke when the Mark guy stood outside Kiera Knightley's door holding the placards with the words 'You're Perfect', knowing that he can never have her, much as his heart belonged to her. That was so beautiful. *Sigh. Another moment I loved was the absolutely beautiful conversation (can that qualify for conversation?) between sexy Colin Firth (Jamie) and Aurelia (what a pretty name)

J (in Eng) - That's the happiest part of my day, driving you.
A (in Por) - That's the saddest part of my day, leaving you.

*Sniff. Richard Curtis, you're genius.

The movie made me want to go out and love someone.

Don't just sit there gaping!

We had dinner at NYDC Wheelock on Thursday before the movie. Food was good, but what's interesting was these 2 guys who sat beside us. There were in the restaurant before we went in, and were still waiting for their food after we ordered, got our food, and were almost finishing.

After about 45mins - 1 hr of agonising wait, guy1 told his friend guy2 that he was going to talk to the manager.

Guy2 grunted. He doubled over in his seat in starvation.

You know what is so funny?! It turns out that one of them had actually ordered the exact same thing was my friend. Haha. I'm not sure if their order was acidentally passed over to our table. In any case, he didn't do anything about it; he just watched as his order end up on our table. Don't just sit there and gape!

PS and Bugis

Funny how you start out to shop with one objective, and then totally ignore it. I started out with the plan to buy clothes. I ended up buying lots of scented candles from this shop at Bugis Village. Anyway, BV is going the way of Heeren, FarEast. They have this level 2 thingy that caters to the teeny bopper market. Out of sheer curiosity, I went there.

The funny thing was to go up there, you have to first search for the entrance to the second storey. And believe me, it takes a lot of work to locate it. And when you locate it, you will do a double take. That is because you'll get the feeling you're entering a (I'm going to quite crude here) sex den. Nah. I was kidding. But it does have that kind of feeling. So PS and I were joking about it, when this group of prepubescent girls with truckloads of make up and slutty clothes walked past the stairway. That broke me, and I started to giggle like mad. Dearie, girls in Thailand were sold unwillingly to the sex trade. Here we have 10 year old girls dressed like they want to seduce boys and men alike. What's with that?! You're 10 years old! What's with the make up?! Say it with me 'Beee.... Naaaatural'.

The above paragrah is so vicious. But I stand by my point.

Yeah. In the end I didn't buy any clothes. I got lots of nice candles though. PS is fun to shop with also. Haha.

Oh yeah. 2 free calendars are ours! Muahahah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home