Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Listening - Too lost in you by Sugababes

What people deem as trash...

OCC on Sunday is actually quite fun! I don't know why people think it's something to be dreaded. I found it really... well, really fufiling?! Okay... I'm not going to go off on a tangent and tell you how OCC builds character. Although it does. I know it sounds cliche. Hoho. But there is something really nice about going round blocks of HDBs and getting old newspapers, clothes, electronics etc. I'm er... actually looking forward to do it again. Hahaha. I don't know. I must be the only one. Maybe I'm feeling like this cause I had a great group.

Okie, so my group consists of Val, ZhengWei, Edmund, Kelvin, Steve, Adel, Yap, Sharon and some other people... they come and go and we switched groups. Okie. Our aim was to get good stuff, like TVs and other electronics. Haha. I actually 'got' 3 TV sets, which I think is quite good. Haha. And other funny stuff we got... stationary bicycle/cycling machine thingy etc... can't remember. You'll be surprised at the many different people you meet.

My first TV came from this really nice uncle. Whom, I think, woke up after I rang the bell several times. Haha. I wanted to walk away but in the end he opened the door looking quite er... pissed? Haha. But then again, who won't be pissed looking before the first cup of coffee eh? He's quite a nice person.

There's this family. I sincerely believe that they buy up newspapers, do not read them, store them in a corner of their house and wait for us to come, so that they can donate it to us. HAha. I went up to their house to er... what do you call it... solicitate? And this lady opened the door, and asked what are we doing this for. I was a little stumped, and then Adel's-friend-who-looks-like-Alvin came over and won the lady in an instant. Haha. Then she let us into her house, and we saw 4 towering stacks of newspapers, perfectly folded. I was stunned. Haha... later she convinced her husband to give the TV set as well. And the old computer. We were, of course, delighted.

Hm... And the last came from this uncle, who beckoned me as I walked pass his house. I was quite surprised, as he has already given some newspapers to my friends. I was thinking what could be possibly want.. then he told me he had a 24" TV in perfect condition that he doesn't want, cause he is moving?! And that if we had come 2 days earlier, he would have given us another 29" which he had given away earlier. Haha. I was a little apprehensive going into his house... stranger after all, so I got ZhengWei and Val to come in too. Haha.

And there are several funny people... I went to this one house where there are 2 guys... around our age. I think they are indonesian students or something. Then I asked them if they have any stuff to donate... then they gave me funny looks. Then he told me to wait. One walked into the room, and another went to look for a paper bag. Then after 5 minutes, they came out with a plastic bag of clothes that looked... quite new?! I don't know... I was about to tell them not to bother if they didn't have any... hoho. There were still a lot of incidents like these. I just can't remember now... :)

Might be going for another OCC at the start of Jan. Okay, I'm a loser :p but I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home