Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Wanted. 5 extra hours per day. Willing to pay outrageously exorbitant prices.

Listening - Bigger than my body by John Mayer

As you can see from the title, I'm so severely stressed, and it's only what... 5 days into the academic year? Fantastic.

For those who smsed me/mailed me after reading my last entry about my life being a big screw up, I thank you. Love ya guys. :D

These couple of days have be really bad for me, cause my event the Academic Week is in 2 days time, and suddenly there are a thousand things to do. While it was really extremely fun (i.e. I love the adrenaline rush), it's a little too much to take with all my other intro to math modules, new friends, and this sudden bout of depression I was having.

GEK 2020 Intro to Film Art -- I think Monday was the best... It was Intro to Film Art module and it's a blast! :D I love the way the A/P conducted the lesson. The very arts way, which I've missed since my JC term last year. It's quite cool actually. We'll watch a short excerpt of a movie (We watched 'Snake Eyes' and "Xiu Xiu') and then discuss the film techniques and what it's trying to achieve. It's all very analytical. I love it. Then on Wed, we watched this silent movie Greed by Erich von Stroheim. I've never watched a silent film before, so this is a new experience. But a good one. It was hard to get used to at first, but you'll learn to love it. I don't know... the movie, being such, gave a very strong sense of menace. Very Pinter-ish in terms of movie/play, but the storyline is very Mayor-of-Casterbridge.

I also met some of Cheryl's SEP friends from the US and Canada, from this SEP buddy program that she's in. I wanted to join too, but given the schedule I'm running on, taking on another activity will be quite foolish. Had lunch with a couple of them. Lol, Cher wanted me to go to Sentosa with them today too, but I'm so up to my neck with work, I had to pass.

On this thought, I met this girl doing her PhD in English Literature while waiting for the shuttle bus. She's from New Zealand. She was talking about how she was doing something quite impractical in terms of getting a job. I am doing something practical. But I ask you... am I really happy? Would I be happier at Arts doing lit? I don't know.

GrahAH -- As an example on how boggled my life is by work right now, my project director just smsed me to buy a copy of the newspaper. Apparently it might help the exhibition at Suntec we're preparing. *Laugh. I salute his dedication to work. I really do.

And oh oh... read this -- Amir's really funny post of something I always do, although he doesn't know it. Lol.

Correct! Forgot to say this... The CEO of Suntec Development called Larry yesterday. *gasp. Yes you read that right. Okie, he didn't call, his secretary called and transferred the call to him. It was damn funny, cause he like, got the call, then was furiously mouthing 'Wong Ah Long!' and gesturing to the phone. And I was like 'What on earth?! THAT Wong Ah Long?! That CEO?! Of that Suntec CIty?!'. Cool. He's to come down next Monday for a talk which we are organising.

Still got a hundred thousand things to say. But am crazy busy now. People smsing and calling me (at 8 in the morn!) to do work. Pfft. On a saturday morning no less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home