Friday, June 24, 2005

The worst daughter in the world

:(

Was talking to mum just now.

She just had a day operation yesterday. Took about 1 hour. I told her to call me after her operation to let me know if everything's okay. She did, so I just conveniently left it at the back of my mind and did other stuff at work.

At night went for a movie with Dan. 'Why are you not home taking care of your mum?'
I said I think she should be alright, it's a 1/2 hour operation and she can go home after that. I didn't think about it again.

It was only when I got home that I went into Dad and Mum's room, and she was sleeping. Dad said 'Don't wake her up... she had 4 stitches'

I was concerned for a while... then went back to thinking about some issues I was thinking of on the train.

And again today I didn't even think of calling mum to ask about her operation, or if her stitches were hurting her or anything. In my defense (sort of), I was actually quite busy at work today. It's the fact that I didn't even think of how Mum is coping that is making me feel really guilty. The fact that it didn't even once cross my mind. The fact that I am so selfish and self absorbed I neglected the one of the most important person in my life.

I was helping her clean her wound just now and looking at her wound... it makes me want to cry. It looks like it hurts a lot. And just now she told me she felt hurt that I went out yesterday even though I knew she had an operation in the morning. That I didn't call to ask about her. But she kept quiet about it... until today.

I'm so sorry Mum, I'm so so sorry.

I want to be a good daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home