Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I don't want.

He put his cap on my head.

You're giving it to me? I ask, unsure. I try to smile a little, just like I used to tease him. Yet I want to cry so badly. Is it a parting gift of sorts?

"No la, you have to return it to me on Thursday..."

Ok, but oh... I can't fit into it I tried to adjust it so that it fits. I want to cry. I never took anything from him home. I wanted to ask for his tee a long time ago, but I never dared to ask. And now he's giving me a part of himself.

He adjusted it, and put it on me again, twisting the cap to a slight angle, just like the way he always wears it.

His hands brushing on my ears, cheeks.

There is a look on his face, but I cannot figure out what he is thinking.

He's looking at me in that way again.

I want to say something, but I'm afraid of what his response will be.

It breaks my heart into million little pieces.

***********

And I have to return it to him tomorrow.

I'm afraid to do so.

The cap is a link between us when we are apart.

Can't let go.

***********

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home