Thursday, April 24, 2003

I’m back! Had a great time hanging out at the gorgeous beaches of Redang! Christine is back! With a tan! *Yay!

And now she’s back from the atmosphere with drops of Jupiter in her hair

Well! In my case it’s more probably ‘And now she’s back from the beach resort with drops of um, sea water in her hair’. Hee. So…many things to talk about but eh, let’s do it chronologically k?

**Sunday and Monday

And we drove off into the night
We started at the Tour centre, which is at Golden Mile Complex. Very suspect place, actually. Lots of Thai people. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against them but the place was so… gross. Like dirty or something. So Sam gave me my bracelet, the one that we went to the bead shop at Heeren to buy. Really pretty and funky. BUT I LOST IT! I think I lost it in the washroom at Golden Mile Complex. *sniff. And I had it for just 5 minutes! *whine. I hate to think that my gorgeous bracelet is lying in that dirty place. It’s like the last time I lost my favourite grey eraser.

I digress.

It was a night bus (9p.m) and we’re scheduled to reach Trengannu (sp?) at 8 the next day. Gaahh! What a freaking long trip. Dad, mum and Alex were there to see me off. Haha… lucky me, don’t have to lug my luggage about. Hee. The trip was pretty uneventful actually. Kimmy, Yan, Sam and I talked a little until about 1-2 am and then went to sleep. Made several pit stops during the night. Oh oh, the toilets. *shudder. It’s a bad memory. Very very dreadful. And disgusting. Eww…

And we reached Trengannu! It’s such a different city. A tired city and seemed to be lost in time. We switched to a minibus and guess what I saw! It’s a herd of cows! Just uh, ambling down the road like nobody’s business! And nobody was like, herding them either! It’s just the cows strolling down the road! It’s so funny! Like, I suddenly realised where to phrase ‘Till the cows come home’ originated from haha… Dang! I didn’t take a photo! Err…Christine the shutter happy. :P

So we drove to the jetty and switched to something like a speedboat ferry thing. I got boat sick! Argghh. Nearly puked, but it was all good in the end. Sam switched seats with me so all was good.

The search for Paradise

Redang!

You know Webshots? This website where there are these pretty scenery pictures of beach places?

Redang looks exactly like it.

It is gorgeous. It’s stunning. It’s breathtaking. Will post the photos later! Heh

We unpacked and went for lunch, which is, uh, pretty ok, and went for our first snorkelling trip! It was to this neighbouring island and it was fun! I think we look pretty funny in the lifejacket-snorkelling mask-flippers ensemble, haha. Anyway, the 4 of us waded around a little and saw was awed when we looked down and saw the corals and the hundreds of fishes! It’s like, a totally different world (duh, of course it is) and the fishes are like, so nonchalant! I mean, I don’t know if the fishes are actually shocked or anything. They look nonchalant. But then again, I have never seen a fish look shocked or anything.

Anyhoo.

First snorkelling trip. I feel like a human out of land!

We were like stupid shutter happy tourists. ‘Ooh! A fish!’ snap, snap snap ‘Ooh! A coral! snap, snap snap. But the experience was so wonderful and different. A guide came up to us and offered to take us around. *laugh. Feels special, because there are many people but only a couple of guides. His name is Nan and we nicknamed him Compass, haha, b/c that’s what his name sounds like. He took us around, and he didn’t even have a lifejacket! I mean, he just swam around like that. Woah. That, is seriously tiring. So he picked some sea cucumber up for us to look at it up close. Eww.. that was really gross. Like a withering mass of black uh, slime. But it hardens up when it leaves the water. We were such sua kus ie. Mountain tortoises, ie uninformed that we took pictures of it, like it’s some kind of precious gem. Heh. It was a great trip, actually. Snorkelling is fun fun fun!

So we went back to the resort, showered and walked around the island and took some photos. It was kind of boring actually. Firstly, after the excitement of the snorkelling trip, walking around didn’t seem much fun. Secondly, well, the walk was a little uninteresting. It’s not much fun. We took a few shots and went for dinner. Which was actually quite yummy. Then we went to the other resorts, that had more stuff, like beach sports and shops and discos. And we ended up at this little shop that sells beach clothes. Being girls, well, we couldn’t resist.

Sam and Yan were interested in this long beach wrap thing that you could tie in different ways to become a skirt or dress. Then I got interested too when I realised the short beach wraps were not so appealing. So the shop lady was teaching them how to wear the wrap when this guy came into the shop. Later we knew his name was Xing and whenever any of us said ‘That is horrid color!’ He’d say ‘No it’s pretty nice’ or something like that. Pretty friendly actually. So it got to the point where several other guys were ‘popping’ by, all whom we later knew were Zheng, Yu and Warren and Xing asked Yan if we wanted to go see Blue Sand, so Yan agreed on the behalf on all of us, and so… we got new friends :D

What a coincidence, huh. 4 guys and 4 girls :)

Blue sand beach

What, exactly, is blue sand, you ask? We got the little beach and the guys pointed out some neon blue specks of thingys on the sand bed. Apparently, it’s a kind of worm, and in the daylight, it’s transparent, at night, it glows. Yu, who was talking to me picked up one of these worm specks and gave it to me. It’s not creepy; actually, it’s so pretty! And it doesn’t move at all. Eh. Later, the rest of the girls drifted away; Yan was with Xing, Kimmy and Sam were somewhere, so I hung out with Yu and we stood at the beach and talked, with Yan and Xing somewhere behind. Oh, I forgot to add that the guys are Malaysians, studying in the University, and were at the resort working as it’s the hols.

Yu was very easy to talk to, and I actually had a lot of fun talking to him. In fact, I talked to him so much that night that I hardly talked to anyone else. We talked about school, Singapore and the holiday and stuff. In fact, we talked so much that night that I was itching to talk to some other guys, or the rest of my girlfriends. Whatever. So when Zheng came to talk to me, I was very happy, haha. Basically Zheng is nicknamed the ‘half naked guy’ as he didn’t have his shirt on. Heh. It was pretty funny actually, b/c he actually negotiated for us to get into this club, and he couldn’t go in b/c he didn’t have a shirt on. I didn’t really pay attention to him at first, but he later talked a little to me. Kind of nice, saw me rubbing my eyes and came over to ask me what’s wrong, and we bantered around here and there. :). But then later Yu came and talked to me, so Zheng sort of drifted off. Hmmphff. He went to talk to Sam. Heh. Who has a massive crush on him :P Wahahah. Actually he talked to her a lot too. Eh.

Yu asked for my number! Like, I didn’t even know him that well, and he was already asking me. So I hedged around with some stupid excuse, but he was kind of persistent. I didn’t give him my number in the end though. Because I’m a prude and a super conservative person. Yeah. He was like – reaches out to get my number, and I slapped his hand. Hahahah. You should have seen his face.

Hung out with the girls in the resort room. Talked a lot but basically we talked about Zheng the half naked. Hahahaha. And which part of him will be half naked later. *naughty, eh? And of course, teased Sam mercilessly about it, as she has a massive crush on him. By now, the lines were clearly there. Xing is mesmerised by Yan, Yu talks to me a lot and Sam is totally smitten by half naked Zheng. Heh :)


**Tuesday
More snorkelling! This morning, we went to the Redang Marine Park. And it is gorgeous! There were so many fishes about! And it was cameras all out again! But this time, the guide, Rame had the camera, so he took much better pictures. He actually swam close up to take the photos, so I think it will be gorgeous. Yup, yup. We had 2 guides today! Hahaha… Compass and Rame. We are special, no? There were actually people going about without guides, and here we have 2. Hoho… Anyway, Rame is so mean! I got off the speedboat and was walking towards shore when I suddenly realised that I couldn’t walk without being pushed back by the waves. I thought I was being washed back but Yan was walking just fine and was puzzled why I can’t seem to walk properly. Then I turn back and see that Rame was holding on to the back of my life jacket (it had a long strap thingy) and was laughing at me. Hmmphhff :). Horrible person. Haha.

Oh and I am totally smitten by this sexy gardener! I saw him a couple of times and he always smiled at me! And his eyes… god, when they look at me. It’s the smouldering kind of look :) Hee. It’s like, we always had this amazing eye contact, but he never talks to me! I later found out that we wasn’t the gardener but a Master Instructor for Diving. *Embarrassed. My bad. So that’s where the sexy body comes from. Heh.

So we took a break for lunch, and dressed up in tanning wear so that we could go tanning straight after lunch. Wore the sexy white beach wrap we bought the last night and my purple string bikini underneath :) Haha… tanned a little. The rays are pretty ok. What I couldn’t stand was the number of stares our group got from the guys. I mean, it’s not the nice stare thing. It’s the ‘I can’t believe she wore something like that!’ stare. Come on! It’s a beach, you losers, what did you expect me to wear? A long sleeved turtle neck? Stupid. Got a nice but slightly uneven tan. *sigh. (Eh, Sam should know why it’s uneven. Red skin-normal skin-brown skin *laughs)

Two more snorkelling. One was absolutely free!

We went for yet another snorkelling trip, this one at this Pulau Lima island. Lima means ‘5’ in Malay, isn’t it? It was exactly that. An island with 5 protruding, uh, mounts? It’s very pretty, and between mounts 2 and 3, the sea cuts through it when the tide is high, so it’s a gorgeous sight. We sat at the tip of the speedboat thingy. I swear, if you are a group of young girls travelling, you get a lot of attention! :) This time, we had 3 guides! Hahahah…Compass, Rame, and Blartt (Blood? I don’t know, that was how he pronounced it). Blartt took me around and showed me this soft coral thingy, the one where clown fishes swim around it? It stung me! *irritated. It hurts like hell. Whatever. It didn’t seem to sting him though. I don’t quite like this Blatt person. The guides were swimming back to the speedboat with the rest of the girls. Since Blartt was my guide, I had to hold on to his hand, and he lead me to a totally different direction! I was like, eh, they are going that way, and he was like ‘oh sorry, didn’t see’. What on earth, it’s freaking obvious that we were off course. *on guard.

Later we went back to our beach resort. I have to tell you about Mr. 18 year old uncle! He’s so funny! He’s a snorkelling guide and a Diver as well. He pinched Kimmy’s cheeks and went ‘so cute!’ and when we reached the resort, he proceeded to throw us off the speedboat. We were sitting at the starboard side of the speedboat, near the tip of the boat, and he just shoved us down! So evil! Hahaha.

Then we went for (yet) another snorkelling trip, but this was on our own accord and some of the other guides offered to take us. I’m irritated. This Blartt was there and he insisted on being my guide. What could I say? So he took my hand and swam around the island. And yet again, he swam in a different direction from the rest of the group! So being the eagle-eyed me (Hoho…) I stopped swimming and pointed out that super obvious fact to him and once again, he’s like ‘oh, sorry’. What a freaking idiot. *knows how to take care of herself. And I don’t want to come across sounding like a prude, but I don’t see why I can’t hold his hand in the normal way, but have to interlace my fingers with his. I mean, everyone was holding hands in the normal way. He also tried to grab my flippers and said that he will push me back to shore, what on earth? I said I’d swim myself.

Also, he stopped in the middle of the open sea, before reaching the beach and asked me to go to the disco with him, as he is working there. And to go see some shooting star thingy. By then, I was so annoyed with him that I just contemplated swimming back to shore myself. But I told him that we were meeting some other guys. That should shut him up. Hah. Even later, he offered to teach me diving as well, and I’m like I’m not interested. And I was looking around to look for help when I saw Yan and Compass at the beach and I ran to them. Haha… Compass was at least a more normal guide. Oh, Compass was the one who told me about the sexy gardener, I mean, the sexy dive instructor. *Mmmm… He’s so yummy. The dive instructor, I mean, haha.

Met the guys again

So after dinner, we went to meet the guys again. This time, we went to the disco at another resort. Was pretty fun. But Yu didn’t dare to talk to me, haha… at least according to Zheng (who wasn’t half naked today. Lol) Was sitting between Zheng and Yu, and most of the time, was talking to Zheng. Poor Yu, actually, but I preferred talking to Zheng b/c he didn’t ask me for my number every 3 seconds. Zheng. Is. So. Evil! He scooted over near me and was whispering like, ‘Yu is behaving himself tonight. He does not dare to talk to you tonight b/c he thinks you have a boyfriend’. I was in a mood, maybe because of the beer and I’m like, *laughs and look at him with eyebrows raised. ‘Why aren’t you scared of me then?’ And he’s like ‘I’m not the one going after you!’ *pouts. Hahahaha. Very cute. Perhaps that’s why I like talking to Zheng instead, harmless flirting is fun. Once the talk gets a little more serious, I back off like crazy. Of course, I’m not that horrible to flirt around with him when Sam is so crazy about him, was just playing around. Anyway, he says he has a ‘good feeling’ about Sam. :) Am so happy for my friends when something nice like that happens. *smile. He likes you, Sam. *hug. So glad you found someone like him. :)

So later we sat around at the beach area and I was feeling a little bored. Yu tried to talk to me but I guess I was feeling a little horrible at the way I treated him and the lies I told him. He found out about one of the lies I told him and he’s like ‘Why did you lie to me?’ In a very nice, normal way, mind you. And that’s what eats me the most. That’s he’s still so nice to me after the way I’ve treated him. So I told him to go find someone else to talk to b/c I’ll not be a good conversationalist tonight. I feel horrible. Anyway, Zheng came over and sat in front of me and we talked a little. The rest of the group were scattered in various other places. I think I told him some pretty uh, explicit things. But he’s very nice to talk to, as a friend. He told me some stuff about his relationships also. Hmmmm…

Then Xing and Yan came over and we played a little with the sand. *never grows up. Xing is so horrible! He blew sand at me! *hmmphhff! And kept his precious Yan away from the sand. Hahaha…so I blew sand back at Xing, and Yan blew sand at Zheng, who then proceeded to blow some more sand at her. So childish! It was one of the more light hearted moments of the night.

**Wednesday

Sam and I woke up early to watch the sunrise with the guys. So cliché huh. Haha… I was dreading it a little b/c it meant seeing Yu again, and uh, well, some other tensional thingys. The sunset was very ‘Webshots-ey’. It’s stunning. Better than the best sun rises I’ve seen in Singapore anyway. I think I was kind of quiet the whole time. Yu tried to talk to me, but I gave pretty much blasé responses. Xing talked to me too, as did Zheng. I think they are very nice guys, in the sense that when they sensed that I was lonely, they’d talk to me. Never did talk much to Xing, as he’s always with Yan, but think he’s quite decent. Zheng was nice too. We talked about fingernails! Lol. So inane. And Yu… what can I say? I’m very guilty and feel terrible at the way I treated him. He’s such a nice guy.

I left without saying goodbye to them. I think I can’t say it; it’s just weird for me.

So…

The long trip home

Basically the trip home was really boring, don’t really feel like talking about it. Am happy that I’m home in Singapore. Feel terrible though, as didn’t buy stuff for mum and dad. The parentals sponsored my expenses for the trip! But bought a T shirt for Alex, and some foodstuffs. So, yeah.

Smsed Maurice back b/c he smsed me when I was at Malaysia. *smiles. Err… ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home