Monday, May 12, 2003

Mmm. I like dancing. Even if I don’t do it that well. :)

Here I am again. Yeah, I know I haven’t been blogging for 2 days. I’m a lazy girl, yesh I am.

So…let’s start from Saturday. Saturday was a fun day! Kind of busy. Went to Woodlands in the mid morning-afternoon time to the library and to buy some Triumph stuff. Yeah, I think I’m going crazy buying Triumph stuff. Just spent about 60 bucks last week, and another 20 this week. Oh well. Anyway, I want the SeaCell bra!!! So sexy, what with the ribbon-y straps and all. 65 bucks. Actually I don’t mind. Hmmm. Ok, enough undergarment talk.

So I went to the library in the morn, borrowed Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, which I may add, is really really good. I love Mr. Bennet’s sense of humour, and I really like the way the way they speak. Think it’s really elegant, and the dry sarcasm. Really fantastic.

So later went to meet SiewLee to shop for the BBQ stuff with her. I wasn’t going to the BBQ but I promised her that I’d go and I felt really bad for canceling on her the last minute, so… yeah, I went and shopped with her. It was okay, I guess. SL’s mum shops a lot too. I was mentioning that Mad (this shoe store) has a buy-one-get-one sale, and immediately she was like ‘Do you want to get shoes?’ Hahaha. After that I didn’t plan to stay long, since I had dinner with the extended family and stuff, so I went home halfway. Oh, on the way went to get some lovely flowers for Mum and godmum. Bought them at this market, so it’s really cheap. 28 bucks for 2 bouquets! Can you believe it? And it’s pretty nice looking too. Got Mum roses (20bucks) and godmum daisies (8bucks). It’s too cheap to be true.

Then met Ying at Suntec to get some clothes. Yup, bought a halter neck top at bodynits which I really like. In fact I would not have tried it, but Ying picked it out and I just thought I’ll try it on just to see. I like it. :) And a skirt. Yay, new clothes.

And then rushed off to this uh, popular hawker centre at Holland V to eat dinner with the extended family. I don’t get it really. Why can’t we have dinner in a restaurant like normally, but come to this place instead? Aunt absolutely insisted on it. Think 2nd Aunt and Uncle always consider themselves connoisseurs of good food or whatever, but the food here really sucks. So salty! Eeee. Don’t really like them. Oh, in case you were wondering, they are also the parents of overachiever cousin. That explains everything, doesn’t it? Hahaha.

Then went clubbing with Ying, Pearly, JoBeth, Yifang and Liyi. :) Think they are really cool girls, but I rarely hang out with them. In fact, it’s the first time I’m going out with them. Come to think of it, it’s the first time I’m going clubbing. The parentals were cool with it, kind of took me by surprise. So. Heh. We went to Centro, and had 2 drinks. Pretty ok, wasn’t terribly alcoholic; vodka orange, I meant. Then later we ordered 2 more jugs, but was 2for1 so we got 4 jugs. Yeah. Vodka Lime and Burbon Coke. And I swear I’m never ever gonna drink Burbon coke. Foul tasting. The others were ok. Hmm. I’m so uncool, aren’t I? HAhaha. Anyhow.

Then went to dance, and we danced quite a bit. Ok I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t really do dancing well, but I love it. It’s such an outlet. It’s like I don’t have to give a damn to what the people are thinking, it’s just the music and me. Yeah. It sounds corny and cliché huh? I don’t really mind even if nobody asks me to dance with them. Dancing alone is fine with me. The only other time I feel like that is when I play the organ, it’s me and the music. But the organ is so rigid; one wrong note and the entire feeling is gone. I digress.

So, dancing was pretty ok. Think a weird thing would be this guy coming up to me and shaking my hand. Like, huh? And he’s not cute also. Actually, can’t really see his face cause am quite disorientated. Maybe can’t take the drink that well, or maybe it’s my freakingly dry contacts which was seriously disturbing for my eyes. I think it’s the latter. These are old contacts; I’m still waiting for my new ones and my stupid optician has not got them ready. It’s been so long! And I’ve called him several times already. So pissed off. If it’s still not ready by this week, I’m gonna bring it up to CASE. Asshole. I digress again.

Crowd wasn’t so cute, at least from what I can see with the lenses. I don’t know. There was this guy who came over and put his hand on my back. And I was wearing this halter, so… yeah. Doesn’t take a hint. Asked me if he could buy me a drink and I’m like ‘No’ (Hahah. Straightforward huh) and moves away. And he pretends not to hear and asked again, and put his hand on my back again. Ewww.

So… yeah. Do you think it’s uncool to tell someone ’Thanks I prefer to dance alone’ Hahaha.

Had to leave earlier b/c I had organ lesson at 10 the next day, yup. Had supper with Mum :)

So… heh. Very fun night out :)

Anyway, got to get back to work. Have been procrastinating for far too long, and professors are looking in. So, yup yup, have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home