Tuesday, May 06, 2003

All Mixed Up

Am in a blue mood now. *sigh. Was late for the NTU Communications Studies interview today, and that would cost me a lot. I think when I’m dead, engraved on my headstone should be –

Christine the late.

or

Now she won’t ever be late.

*Huge sigh.

I thought 40 minutes was plenty of time to get to NTU, after all, it’s in Boon Lay and I’m staying in Bukit Batok, normally about 20-30 minutes away. What I hadn’t counted on was the VERY kind and safety conscious feeder bus driver who decides to stop at every bus stop even though there is no people, wait for people running 400 km away from the bus stop, and give way to every vehicle on the road. Then the MRT, which decides that stopping for 5 minutes before Boon Lay MRT station is essential. Thank goodness that 179 has a fast driver. :) I suppose I was really happy to note that the 179 bus driver drove really fast. Haha…

So I got there late, and was waiting outside the interview place thingy. Oh, on the bus talked to this girl, who’s heading for her exam. Really, really nice person. I love it how sometimes you meet nice strangers you can talk to. Like the guy from SMU (still can’t remember it’s Lionel or Lenny or Leonard). Yup, so…was on the bus when I called a number on the NTU letter, and told the person in charge that I’ll be a little late as I took the wrong bus. Ok, that’s lying, but if I told them the truth (ie, sluggish public transport operators), it’ll take a long time. When I finally got to the interview room, the first thing the interviewers told me – ‘You are very late!’

Tell me about it.

While the interview went ok, there was an underlying tension that I was late. At the end, one of the interviewers said that they’d wanted to talk to me more, but since I was late, and that they had a schedule, my interview would be a little shorter. *angry at myself. What they say is perfectly reasonable, and if I’m angry at anybody, it’s myself, for not expecting contingencies. Now, not only will they have a bad impression of me, they’ll not get to know me better as the interview time was shorter.

I really have to change. I cannot go on being late all the time.

Anyway, no use crying over spilled milk right? Such a cliché, but so true.

Headed back to work after that. Stopped by Clementi’s Coffee Bean to buy myself a Ultimate Mocha Ice Blended to cheer myself up. Yup, that’s my favourite-est coffee drink. Delicious :D. Was waiting for the bus when these 2 guys approached me, doing some charity thingy. And when the first guy approached me, he was like ‘You are from NUS Business right?’ Hahaha…funny eh… it’s my first course choice. So it went like this.

Him ’Hi! You are from NUS Business right?’
Me Stares at him with a puzzled frown
Him ’Oh, no no… you’re from Arts and Social Science!’
Me ’I’m waiting for my University entry (which I’ve just might have screwed up)
Him ’Oh! I’m sorry, it’s just that you look really like one of my friends’ girlfriend, Shirley.’
Me ’Really.’ (Yeah right. Couldn’t you have something better to say? Like, something more honest? *rolls eyes)
Him ’Yeah, you look exactly like her!’
Me ’Oooook’ (Yes, I said it like that. Oooook.)
Him ’So, Shirley, I’m from blah blah blah…’
Me ’I’m not Shirley’

If he wanted to do some charity stuff, he can just ask me straight out right? Don’t have to say all this ‘You look like my friend’s girlfriend’ thing, because I know it’s not true. Hahaha…

Anyway, was on the bus to meet Ming when I saw this hottie coming up the bus, and he sat behind me. I got off 1 stop later, and was telling Ming about this cute guy. Hahhaha…Ming told me that he was looking at me as I got off the bus. :) Err… Ming says I attract older guys! Hahaha… So why can’t I seem to attract Maurice? *Hmmmph. Oh, saw another cute guy the day before, when I was still sitting at the reception area. As usual, he thought I was the reception person and spoke to me. Arrgghh, why was I wearing my glasses, no makeup and ugly clothes that day!

Ok.

Anyway, got to make sure will not be late for work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home