Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Hello!

Am craving for Chantel Kreviazuk's rendition of 'Leaving on a jet plane'. What a pretty song, and she sings it really nicely, poignant and somehow with a tinge of hope. Nice, nice.

Love the lyrics too; in a weird sense, I hope I'll be able to sing it someday, you know? Like when I'm leaving Singapore to live overseas for a couple of months, then I'll sing it to, uh, some guy. It'll be so cool. Like I'm starring in my own MTV or something, you know... Opens with a back view of the girl at the guy's doorstep. It's early morning, possibly about 7, and the sun rays are directly shining on the door that this girl is standing in front of. The same sun rays pick up the highlights in her hair, and the camera pans to show the side view of her face. Then a close up. The song starts, and and she starts to knock on the door. Then stops, because she 'hate(s) to wake (him) up to say goodbye'. She'll turn around, and walk towards the taxi that will take her to a jet plane. Then the camera will switch to a shot of the guy, possibly just waking up, and looks out the window to see the girl driving away in the cab. Or a more poignant one will show him still sleeping, oblivious, yeah. The camera switches to the girl again, as she looks out of the cab window and reminisce about days that she spent with the guy. About mid chorus ('Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane. I don't know when I'll be back again. Oh, babe, I hate to go'), the camera will switch to a shot of this guy, just waking up and maybe reading a note that this girl left on his table, or something. Then he'll realise, but it's too late. And the last shot will be that of the plane taking off the runway, as the letter falls from the hands of the guy.

Yeah, that's my MTV :) hahaha... getting a little fanciful, huh?

*Goes off to Kazaa.

What!!! Justin Timberlake sang 'Leaving on a jet plane' also? Ewww... That sounds very weird. I don't know, isn't he on this rock kind of genre now? And his voice...it's so sharp. How the heck can he sing such a pretty song? Will download a portion and listen to it. Can't imagine it really, like, a mixture of 'Cry me a river' and 'Leaving on a jet plane'? Yuck.

Oh, and can anybody tell me who the original singer of 'Leaving' is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home